Married

This used to be the old cover. But I changed it to what it is now. Hope you like it. I was kind of over the manga lookin character. Wanted something more real.

Aeron

My girlfriend ran her fingers through my black hair as I rested my head on her squishy belly. We listened to a classical music podcast like we used to and just cuddled together on the couch. Diana was on her back as I laid on top of her.

It was Sunday, which meant no chores, no work, and no school. Diana got a job at a Macy's and I was able to fit my schedule to hers.

We had gone to church earlier.

When she found out that I had been going to church she was surprised. I asked if she wanted to go and she agreed to. Since then, we've been able to enjoy wonderful Sabbath days filled with the Spirit.

"Babe?" She asked.

"Mmh?" I mumbled into her tummy.

"Don't we have Lily's rehearsal dinner to get to?"

"Crap!" I sprung up and ran for my tuxedo. "I totally forgot!" I said.

"Me too, until the podcast began talking about a wedding march." Diana slipped into a tight red dress that showed off that hour glass of a figure I adored. She'd lost a lot of weight in the past two months and she looked amazing. "Do you mind zipping me up?" She asked. I did, then said she looked beautiful. She blushed and finished putting shoes on. She did her hair and make up and I at least gelled my hair back. We climbed into the small Honda we bought two months ago and left.

Later that evening, I tore that red, sexy dress off of Diana and made sure she didn't escape the bed for the rest of the night.

I guess one could say that sex was on the menu every night and morning. It was truly a great way to start one's day and end it.

We visited her parents again for Easter and they were still not very keen on the fact that a completely crazy man like me was still dating their daughter, or, she was still dating someone like me.

I tried to warm up to them the best I could but nothing was good enough. I wanted to fit in and they weren't budging.

Diana asked to meet my sister, Emma, and I refused. I didn't want my sister back in my life. When I was eighteen I ran from her. I needed to be on my own. Diana was the only person I needed now.

Lily's and Hunter's wedding was perfect. I decided that Diana and I just weren't ready yet. I wanted her parents to like me. I wanted her father's blessing.

Diana

"Okay, we need milk, cheese, buns, lettuce, tomatoes and ... pop tarts." Aeron chuckled.

"Pop tarts sweet heart?" I turned to him and loved the way he looked pushing a grocery cart. We have come soooo far since meeting. I would have never pictured the brooding emo boy from that night at Arctic Circle, shopping at a grocery store with a husband look about him.

"It's for my cheat days." We walked down the aisle of snacks.

"Diana, please," Aeron whined. "No more of your diet stuff. You're already beautiful. And if you're going to have cheat days, let me take you out somewhere nice." I turned to him and smiled.

"I want to look good when I'm out with you."

"I think you look great. Come on." I shook my head.

"I told you, I want to lose ten pounds for the summer. You know, to look good in a bikini."

"But babe, you should only be looking good for me." I blushed.

"I know," I kissed his cheek then walked ahead of him, snatching the pop tarts. We walked past another couple and I noticed the giant ring the woman was wearing. I glanced at my own tanned hand and wished for a glittering something on my own finger.

We checked out and drove home. It was a Saturday and Aeron and I both didn't have work. I was grateful. Work wasn't my favorite but it was a job. Finals would soon be here and Aeron was excited that he would be graduating this year. I, on the other hand, was very jealous. I still had two more years of college.

After putting the groceries away, I went to turn on the TV until Aeron stopped me.

"Diana," he began as he turned me around from grabbing the remote. "I want to take you out." I blushed.

"Really?" He nodded. He kissed my forehead then whispered in my ear,

"Wear the first dress I ever saw you in," with that, he kissed my temple then led me to our room. He was dressed in tan pants and a blue shirt with a denim jacket. I got into the same plum dress from all those months ago on that warm, October night and pulled my front hairs back as well. I also wore the same belt and the same colored sandals. Everything but Aeron was the same. He was dating me, and he was ... normal.

"I'm taking you on the bike." He said. I smiled. I loved his bike. It was so romantic and vigorous at the same time. I nodded and he led us into the garage before grabbing a leather jacket (he still wore the denim one). He gave me a helmet and once he was on the bike, I swung my leg over and wrapped my hands tightly around him. He gave my hands a squeeze with his large one before starting the bike.

We drove into town and he pulled into the restaurant that we had our first date at.

We ordered hamburgers again and danced. I love to dance. He knew it, too. After dinner and after dancing, we went on our walk at the park, along the bank of the river.

"Thank you for tonight," I began, as I held his hand in mine and swung it with every step. "I needed it."

"I think we both did." We smiled at each other. In just eight months, Aeron had come so far. I was so proud of him.

Before I could gasp, Aeron got down on one knee and had a ring out. The diamond on it was gorgeous.

"Diana," he began, "will you marry me?" I nodded vigorously and he smiled brightly with that animated smile I just adored. He stood up and I hugged him with all my force. He squeezed me back and I was so happy that he had finally proposed to me. He began to rub my back and his voice filled with uncertainty. "I have not asked your dad for a blessing," I pulled away and stared into his deep blue eyes.

"Is that why you haven't asked me to marry you?" He looked away.

"To be honest, I was going to ask you at Easter. But when we went over to your family's, I noted that they were still not fond of me." I patted his chest.

"I don't care." He seemed surprised at my response. "I love you and I know you love me and if both of us have been dying to get married then we should. I'm stable, you're stable. We are both healthy. We don't have debts. I think we're ready, and if my family can't handle that then they'll just have to deal with it."

"But ... hopefully in the future, they can forgive you and come to like me?" I nodded.

"Now, give me that ring so I can sell it for money." Aeron chuckled.

"Here you are my darling." I squealed as my now fiancé slid the beautiful piece of jewelry onto my finger. I hugged him again after he kissed my hand.

We eloped. We didn't want anything extravagant. My parents found out two weeks later and they were furious. They didn't want anything to do with me, but they warned me that Aeron wouldn't make me happy and only add a major burden on my life. If I had listened to them, and had stayed away from Aeron from the beginning, I wouldn't soon be on someone's hit list.