What's Really Going On

Aeron

Diana ran towards me in an old building. It was dark and musky. She slammed into my arms and whispered into my ear. "I'm pregnant." I smiled and squeezed her tight. Suddenly, an evil laughter was heard and it echoed throughout the abandoned building. I grasped Diana's hand and sought a way out. But my legs wouldn't move. "What's going on Aeron?" My lover asked me.

"I—I don't know ... "

"She's very beautiful, Death Dose." The random voice boomed deeply.

"What do you want?" I asked it. Suddenly, a tall man in a suit walked out of the shadows with a wicked smile on his long face.

"I want payback." The man said. I recognized him. Mr. Jasper. "You killed my son," he said with venom. "You took everything from me."

"I was paid to kill your son. I didn't know him. I can tell you who bought me out."

"No, you lie. You knew my son. You did a job for him. Who do you think Billie got your number from? Only to betray my son, the bastard." I caught my breath as Diana clung to me, reminding me she was here beside me.

"I'm sorry. It was my job."

"Now I'm going to take all that you love."

Two giant men stepped out of the shadows and yanked Diana away from me.

"Diana! No! Stop it! Don't touch her!" They punched her in the stomach and I cracked. "NO!" I ran to her rescue and began beating the men up. They punched at me and Mr. Jasper walked up and took my love. He grabbed her by the neck and snapped it. "NOOOO!" I punched him and he cried out. But not in his deep tone, in a crying woman's.

"Aeron!" He yelled in the voice that I was familiar with. "Aeron! Wake up!" He yelled at me in my lover's voice.

I burst my eyes open and found Diana holding her face, which was bleeding.

"Diana!" I yelled into the closed up room. I was panting and sweating. "Baby! I'm sorry! Oh—I'm sorry," I sat up on my knees and looked at Diana's bruised cheek. I began crying and I didn't know what to do. "I'm a monster."

"Shut up!" She yelled at me. She winced and I didn't know what to say. "Just shut the hell up!" She glared at me. She cursed under her breath and climbed out of bed. I followed her to the bathroom and helped her clean up. We went into the kitchen and I frowned at the oven clock displaying twenty past two. We sat at the dining table and just ... sat there.

Diana was dressed in one of my blue t-shirts and pajama booty shorts. I had no shirt on and wore black gym shorts.

"What did you dream about?" She asked. "You better answer my question, Aeron, or I'm calling a mental doctor. This has to stop." She brazenly demanded.

I let out a deep breath and told her.

Seven Days Ago

Yesterday, Lily and Hunter called us up and announced they were pregnant. I was happy for them and wondered why Diana and I weren't already pregnant. I wanted to have kids with her more than anything. I guess we'd just been enjoying ourselves while we still could.

On my way to work, I thought about rocking Diana's world and getting her pregnant tonight. Wicked thoughts were in my mind all day until they showed up.

Mr. Jasper. Owner of multiple oil plants and gas plants all around the world. I knew him through his son, Erik Jasper. The young man had me kill his sister's boyfriend because he'd double crossed him. I did it with a simple snipe and thought that that would be the end of it. But no, Erik was soon on my hit list.