Moving in Together

Diana

I awoke the next morning with a killer headache and on the couch of Lily's and my apartment's front room. I was dressed in a pair of leggings and a blue shirt that showed off my curves. I was a little sore from Aeron's insatiable needs in the bathroom the night before.

Getting up off the couch as easily as I could only made me think how wonderful it felt to have had him with me in that bathroom and do what we did. I loved it. I'd been missing it.

I looked around the apartment but couldn't find Aeron nor Lily. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I took some ibuprofen to help with my hangover and made myself some tea. I went to my room to try and clean it up but my heart stopped when I stepped into a spotless room. Literally. Everything was gone. An empty bed and dresser were the only things left. I ran to my phone which was in the kitchen and called Lily.

"Where are you?"

"I'm at Aeron's." She answered casually. "I guess I should say your house."

"What?"

"Harry and I are moving up the wedding and I told Aeron about how I was worried about you finding a place. So he offered for you to move in with him. You know, since you two are practically together again."

"You made this decision?"

"Look, Diana, you've been dying this past month. I think it's best that you and Aeron get back together. He can provide for you, he told me he wants to marry you, and he really really likes you."

She didn't understand. I wanted to take things slow with Aeron. I wasn't ready to move in with a killer.

"He cleaned your room and everything, Diana. He's been up all night. He really wants to help you."

"Only to dump me when I'm no longer broken?"

"Isn't that what you did to him?"

"Did he tell you that?"

"No, he told me he got hurt and that he didn't want to quit his job even though you asked him to."

"What else did he tell you?"

"He said that you guys just got in a fight where your differences came out. Those are my words. But Diana, if he's wrong, he still told me more than you ever did. I can't believe that you said you'd never want kids with him."

"What! Is he telling you everything now? Are you like his new therapist?"

"No, Diana, I was someone to talk to. And I asked. Besides, he already has a therapist, three at that."

I talked to Lily for a few more minutes and she asked if I wanted to talk to Aeron, I said no and decided instead on taking the bus to his place. My cousin's car wasn't in the driveway when I got there and that irritated me. It meant she left me with my crazy ex-boyfriend, alone.

I knocked on the door and Aeron opened it. "You used to not knock." He flirtatiously said as he leaned against the door frame.

"You used to not steal my stuff." My comment wiped his stupid smirk off his face and I slipped inside.

I was suddenly taken back by all the empty boxes and bags and finding part of the house full of my stuff. I began searching the home slowly looking into drawers and cabinets only to find that it looked as if Aeron and I had been living together for months. I made it to the bedroom and searched the drawers. My clothes were all neatly folded inside and my clothes in the closet were all color coded and on one side of it.

Tears began to trickle down my cheeks and I took in a deep breath when I felt arms reach over my head and clip a necklace together around my neck.