Chapter 4•Lucifer

Terror ran cold in my blood, filling my body entirely. The man in front of me paid me no mind as it locked the weird creature in with his wings.

"M-my lord..." a strangled cry came from its mouth as his throat began to get crushed under his boot. There was no sympathy in his eyes as he grinned at the pain he was inflicting. "Shut up" he said flatly, as he stomped his head in and the creature turned to ash.

"Low ranking demons are so easy to kill, no fucking fun" he sighed, dragging his dust covered boot on the cement. Tears continued to spring from my eyes. I looked at a narrow pathway between two buildings where I might be able to escape. The man in front of me could probably murder me in the snap of his fingers, but I had to try.

Clutching onto my bleeding stomach, I began to creep back. His head snapped in my direction, grinning at the fearful sight. He was at my feet in strides, leaning into me and smelling my hair. "Fear smells good on you darling" he murmured. I silently prayed to god when he laughed, "You think God is gonna save you? Ah, I envy your naiveness" he sighed.

"Get away from me" I bit out. He raised his eyebrows, "come on" he began, patting me on my head, and running his long fingers down my cut arm, making me wince in pain but question the sparks the littered the areas he touched. "Alright I'll humor you, you get a 15 second head start" he sighed, standing up and backing a few feet away.

My eyes widened, "What?" I asked.

"14"

"13"

I clenched my jaw and stood up, wincing at the pain, and moving my legs as fast as I could. His laughs echoed all around me, "You're fast darling, but I bet I'm faster".

I could hear his beating footsteps behind me, and I turned to see him merely walking. I turned my head back and screamed as he was right in front of me, I crashed into his chest, falling and him with me. He landed on top of me, his long, muscular body caging me in. He smirked, eyes traveling down to my chest. "I like the dress" he grinned.

I tried squirming out from underneath him. "Fuck you!" I screamed. He rolled his eyes, "Shut up...you're killing the mood" he groaned. He was hot...literally, the exposed skin that was pressed to mine was sizzling to the touch, it felt like he was running a fever.

"What do you want from me?" I sobbed, my eyes screwed tightly as his eyes lingered over my face. "Well...I was thinking maybe at first I'd kill you, but that can't be right, because that would be bad for me. And then I was thinking...maybe I could just let you go, but did you see that demon?" He asked. I nodded my head shakily.

"Use words" he growled, "Yes" I said.
"Yes well, those things will be after you. I guess maybe I could take you to hell, play around with you, lock you in a tower. But I think you'd die down there. To make it simple, I'm really still mulling it over" he sighed tiredly.

"Please, please let me go" I begged. "Not a chance" he answered, his eyes locking into mine. "Why?!" I cried out. "Why do you want me?" I asked, my heart beating quickly.

He raised his eyebrows, "Oh, so you haven't yet learned? Nina always was a quiet one. That may be a problem" he said in a sing-song tone. I looked at him carefully, "What?" I asked, confused on how and why the murderer in front of me knew my aunt.

I looked up when I heard a familiar voice. "Let her go!" I heard Havana yell. "Hava-!" My cries were muffled when he placed his rough hand over my mouth, narrowing his eyes at me.

He stood up quickly, and I watched as a shiver rattled through his body, his tattoos turning a bright red when his black wings disappeared. He looked down on me and pulled me up by my wrist, throwing me over his shoulder.