Chapter 12• Let's play

I twist my neck to find a pale man center on the carpet, hands behind his back as he stands straight, a slight grin on his face.

His skin is light, with dark, hooded blue orbs staring right at me, it felt like almost through me.

curly brown hair covers the majority of his forehead and almost his eyes, his skin looks like marble almost. Fake because it's so perfect. There's not a flaw on his face, he's not tall nor short, nor entirely masculine looking, with royal and sharp features. Despite his elegance, he's dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I can hear Death sigh from behind me.

"E-excuse me?" I manage to ask. He opens his mouth to speak, and I see sharp fangs poking out from the cover of his top lip.

"Yes very beautiful indeed..." he muses, as he strides towards me to examine me. His voice is smooth and somewhat deep. His cold hand grabs my chin and turns it slightly, studying my face at all angles. I frown. His fingers graze the skin under my eyes and I retract back.

"I see you have a stubbornness, oh my brother will have fun with you" he laughs slightly.

Brother?

"Who exactly are you?" I ask, prying his fingers from my face as he moves to sit down at the head of the table. He snaps his fingers and a plate appears before him, heavy with eggs and bacon.

"Mammon" Death replies for him. I look in front of me.

"The formal introduction please, this is my brothers queen after all" Deaths fists clench.

"Mammon, 3rd Archdemon of hell, counterpart to Archangel Chamuel, assisted by the Sin Greed, Brother of Lord Lucifer" Deaths hands come up to meet his head as he sighs loudly. I turn to Mammon, "I didn't know he had brothers" I murmur.

"Yes well, all different mothers, but they don't matter right now. I want to know about you" he leans in, his eyes wide with intrigue, sparkling under the light.

I lean back hesitantly, but before the words can exit my mouth, he speaks for me.

"Back the fuck up" Lucifer- or, Damian's voice is thick and obviously agitated. We all turn in unison to see him striding towards us stiffly. His dark pants and t-shirt are ruffled, his hair swept against his forehead.

His amber eyes are now much darker, like an endless pit of ink. They match the tattoos around his eye in a language I still don't recognize. It's like symbols almost.

"Ah my dear brother. I see you're in a rather splendid mood" I had seen Damian annoyed, but not in a serious state. It would bounce back between this and his sadistic tendencies.

Now he was not someone I wanted to tamper with, and I could only know for a fact that he could get a whole lot worse. Maybe yelling at him for teleporting me to Europe wasn't something I should carry out now.

"Get out before I erase your soul from permanent existence" The black tattoos turn a dark red, and Damian's face becomes heavy with rage. I suddenly realize that Mammon wasn't supposed to be here.

"Oh come on, you can't do that" he chuckles, unsure of himself. Damian doesn't waver from his defensive stance, muscles flexing under his shirt.

"Okay, maybe you can, but that doesn't mean you should" Mammon chuckles awkwardly. "I do what I please" he growls, as Mammon's body flings to the side, hitting a painting.

He slides down the wall and I gasp, backing up slightly. Obviously these two have a bit of everyday, brotherly bonding to do, and I quickly decide to exit the room.

"And where do you think you are going?" Damian growls from behind me, stopping me in my tracks.

"Um, as far away from you as I can get. Clearly you woke up on the wrong side of the bed" I snort, eyeing his tight form, ready to spring at any moment.

Mammon coughs and slides up against the wall, "she's right brother, you are a bit agitated this morning. Perhaps a bit of-" He's slammed back against the wall and knocked out cold.

"What is your problem" I sigh annoyedly as I turn back to hurry away, when my body halts in its movements, this time out of my control.

I spin and levitate towards Damian quickly, "I told you to keep her in her room Death" he says , obviously angered that he was disobeyed.

"It's been a week, I thought it'd do her body some good to stretch a bit, see the mountains before you shut her back in her tower" Death says loudly, pushing his plate away. He was silent through the entire fight, meaning he was clearly used to it.

"A week?!" I exclaim, my body still stiff next to Damian's. It felt like someone had wrapped me in a tight material. "Damian! Fix me this instant!" I add angrily.

His fingers snap and I become completely numb and fall to the ground, my mouth only working. "Oh you damned asshole" I growl as he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder effortlessly.

"I'll be in my office, you deal with Mammon" he orders, and my eyes glance down to Mammon. He's snoring slumped against the wall, smiling creepily in his sleep.

I begin to curse at Damian, no longer caring of the mood he was in.

"Oh you fucker! Put me down right now, I swear to any gods out there that I'm sure you know, I will throw some hands. You asshole!" He clearly takes my threats lightly, as a laugh escapes his throat.

I should be able to do something. Anything- it hits like a brick.

My powers! my energy is running low, but I should at least try.

I narrow down on a vase on one side of the carpet, my hands begin to tingle slightly, and right as we pass it, it flings from its spot and hits him in the head.

"Fuck!" He curses, letting me slip onto the ground as he touches where the silver hit him. I bolt down the hall of the castle, paintings and the darkness flashing past when he calls out to me.

"Fine, you want to play, we can play"