𝐈𝐈𝐈. PORTKEY

CHAPTER THREEPORTKEY

CHAPTER THREE
PORTKEY

§ § §

Fred, George, and I were able to get away from Molly Weasley after half and hour's worth of yelling and scolding and glaring. We hurried out to the backyard were Bill and Charlie were waiting for us.

"We heard yelling. Did Dad rat you out?" Charlie winced.

"Yep. It was all about how we waste our time making joke stuff." George explains.

"And O.W.L.'S," Fred adds.

"Well," Bill says, "we have to get these tables set up for dinner so. If you would like to watch us struggle you're free to watch."

Hermione and I congregated to my room after dinner to get some sleep before waking early, to go to the Quidditch Cup. Ginny decided to join so we could have a sleepover in my room.

"Are you excited, Giovanna?" Hermione asks.

"Of course! I love quidditch, but you guys know that. It's my passion, I really hope to play professionally. So to see a real game... it's insane. And it's at the Cup!" I grinned with excitement.

Hermione and Ginny share a look. "We meant about seeing Malfoy." Ginny tells me and my face goes pale. I totally forgot he said he would be there.

"No. Not at all." I groan.

"Why?!" Hermione and Ginny cry at the same time.

"Because he wrote to me saying that he saw me as more than a friend. Which is fine and dandy, if it wasn't for the fact that I have no idea how I feel about him!"

"Well, you have a history for liking him. Does it feel like it did back then?" Hermione suggests.

I shake my head. "Well, are you dreading seeing him?" Ginny asks, and I shake my head again.

"No, he's my best friend. I haven't seen him all summer, and I'm very excited." I explain.

Ginny and Hermione are quiet for a moment. "This, my dear friend, is what I like to call the questioning phase. You're simply not sure." Ginny finally says.

"Gin, that didn't help, I already knew I wasn't sure." I say, and we all start to laugh. My door flings open to see Fred with crossed arms and annoyed face. His hair was falling just above his eyes.

"Could you three be any louder?" Fred rolls his eyes.

I fall silent in surprise. Ginny glares, then, "HA-HA-HA-HA-" she begins to fake laugh, even louder.

I grin and join in, Hermione doing the same. Ginny and Hermione stand and trek around the room chanting the laugh, and I walk right up to Fred, laughing in his face. He smirks, and picks me up, carrying me over his shoulder to the staircase, where he held me upside down.

Now I was laughing normally, not fake. I wasn't scared, I knew he wouldn't drop me. "You're not scary. You'd never hurt me." I say between my laughing.

Fred faked dropping me, causing me to shriek in surprise. "Sure about that?" He smirks.

"Still sure." I smirk back. Mrs. Weasley comes rushing into view from at the bottom of the stairs.

"Fred Weasley you put that girl down right now!" She yells up.

"Ma, I'm not doing anything! She's clearly very positive I would never hurt her." Fred sighs.

"Well, of course you won't!" A new voice says from behind Fred. George. "But I will!"

Fred quickly lifts me up and hands me to George, who also walks around with me upside down. Mrs. Weasley had to yell a few times before they finally put me down.

"Giovanna, come on, it's time to get up!" Hermione exclaimed, shaking me. I groaned and pulled a pillow over my head.

"Why so early?" I mumble.

"We've got to get to the Cup!"

That woke me. I tossed the pillow aside, sitting upright. "Oh my Merlin, we're going to the Cup!" I explain as it finally hits me. Hermione nods, and I bolt around my room, picking out my outfit for the day. When my hair was brushed and thrown up into a messy ponytail, Hermione, Ginny, and I met up with the rest.

We set off, Mr. Weasley, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Fred, George, and I, off to the portkey that would take us to the Cup. As we walked, I went between Ron and Harry, while Hermione and Ginny walked up a little further.

"How was summer, Harry? Not too bad, I hope." I ask him.

"Well, it can never be good with the Dursley's, but I suppose it wasn't the worst one yet." He shrugs.

"Mate, I totally forgot! This is your first official quidditch game!" Ron exclaims, and I grin. I've seen some official ones before with the Weasley's.

"And it's the Cup! Oh, Harry, you'll love it!" I tell him.

When we had finished climbing up a hill about an hour later, I noticed two more coming up from the other side of the hill. At the center was an old shoe.

When our two groups met up, Mr. Weasley introduced us. "Everyone, this is Amos Diggory, and I'm sure you all know his son, Cedric, from school."

I smirked at the older Hufflepuff, knowing that my quidditch team totally kicked his team's ass last year. "Take notes today, Diggory." I tell him. He looked surprised at first, then grinned.

"Long walk, Arthur?" Amos asked.

"Not too bad. We live just the other side of that village over there. You?" Arthur pointed.

"Had to get up at two, Didn't we Ced? I tell you I'll be glad when he's got his apparation test still.... not complaining.... Qudditch World Cup. Wouldn't mess it for a sack full of galleons, and the tickets cost about that. Mind you, looks like I got off easy.." Mr Diggory looks at the bunch of children in front of him. All seven of us. Not counting the 3 back at the house. "Are these all yours Arthur?"

"Oh, no, only the redheads. And, legally, Giovanna. Although it doesn't seem legal. She's just naturally one of us." He explains, and I smile up at him. "This is Hermione, friend of Ron and Giovanna's, and this is Harry."

"Merlin's beard. Harry and Giovanna Potter?" Amos looks at us in wonder. We uncomfortably shake his hand and answer all his questions.

"We don't want to be late. Come on. Nearly there now. Get yourself into a good position," Mr. Weasley says. We all gather around the portkey and place our hands on it.

"Ready! After three. One, two. . ." Mr. Diggory says.

"Harry!" Mr. Weasley says. Harry puts his hand on the boot quickly.

". . .three!" Mr. Diggory says. The world around us starts to spin quickly.

"Let go, kids!" Mr. Weasley says.

"What?!" Hermione asks in fear.

"Let go!" Mr. Weasley repeats.

"If I die before playing another game of quidditch I'll personally haunt all of you!" I yell. And with that, I let go.