𝐕𝐈. HOW COULD I NOT?

CHAPTER SIXHOW COULD I NOT?

CHAPTER SIX
HOW COULD I NOT?

§ § §

As we were packing everything up into the car to head to King's Cross, I passed Ron's room. Harry, him, and Hermione were sitting, grim looks on their faces. I stop in the doorway. "Family meeting without me?" I raise my eyebrows.

"No, we were just about to come get you." Harry answers truthfully, patting the space next to him. I walk over and sit with them.

"What's up, Harry?" Ron asks.

"There's something I haven't told you. On Saturday morning, I woke up with my scar hurting again." Harry says. I think back to that morning. That was the morning I had the dream with the old man. My scar had hurt, too.

"Me too." I mumble, and they all look at me. "That morning my scar hurt, too."

Harry was looking at me as he spoke. "I had a dream... about him. And Wormtail. And there was-"

I cut him off. "An old man. And they were plotting to kill someone." I say, and Harry nods slowly

"Well, if you both had the same 'dream', was it really a dream?" Ron asks, a nervous look on his face.

"Last time your scars hurt, it was because You-Know-Who was at Hogwarts. You don't think-?" Hermione trails off, but Harry and I shake our heads.

"He wasn't at Privet Drive."

"And definitely not at the Burrow."

I look at Harry. Think it's related to how we can speak in our minds? I really think we should tell Dumbledore about this.

I agree. It can't just be a coincidence.

We look back at Ron and Hermione who were gazing at us, confused. Harry talks as if nothing happened. "It's weird, isn't it, though? Our scars hurt, then three days later the Death Eaters are on the march. And Voldemort's sign's up in the air again."

"Don't- say- his- name-" Ron says through gritted teeth.

We ignore him. "And remember what Professor Trelawney said? At the end of last year?" I add.

"Trelawney's a nut." Hermione mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Don't be mad just because you don't have the inner eye." I mimic the professor, causing Hermione and I to laugh. "But this wasn't the normal Trelawney. You weren't there, Hermione. Or Ron."

"This time she was different." Harry continues, remembering. "She was in a trance- a real one."

"She said the Dark Lord would rise again. Greater and more terrible than ever before. And he'd manage it because his servant was going to go back to him. And that night Pettigrew escaped." I explain grimly.