𝐕. THE DARK MARK

CHAPTER FIVETHE DARK MARK

CHAPTER FIVE
THE DARK MARK

§ § §

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you would now kindly welcome- the Bulgarian National Quidditch team, and the Irish National Quidditch team!" The announcer, Ludo Bagman, called, magically amplifying his voice over the crowd. 

"That's gonna be you one day," Ginny grinned and lightly elbowed me. I smiled, I would love to professionally play Quidditch.

"Yeah, but I'll be playing for England." I smirked.

Both teams flew in from opposite sides of the pitch. The match began, and the whole time my eyes swiftly trailed on the seekers, picking up any technique I could. Every now and then they would flick to the quaffle to keep a track on the scores.

The Irish scored, and the whole Weasley family (besides Ron), Hermione, and I all jumped up and cheered loudly. Ron and Harry wore grim faces, since they were supporting Bulgaria.

As the game progressed, I noticed that Harry and Ron both had massive boy crushes on Viktor Krum, the Bulgarian seeker. I had to admit, he was a very good player. I watched him carefully, taking in every move he made- anything that would help me grow as a seeker.

I knew that Krum was younger than most Quidditch players- seventeen, to be exact. It gave me hope that when I was a little older, I could play professionally but still attend school. It would be a dream come true.

Even though I was still fully supporting the Ireland team, I couldn't help but find myself on the edge of my seat with excitement when Krum neared the snitch. And, when he caught it, I found myself jumping up with majority of the crowd, cheering loudly.

However, that wasn't the end. I glanced at the score board and cheered even louder when I saw that even though Krum caught the snitch, Ireland still had more points.

Ludo Bagman stood and amplified his voice; "The Irish win!" I high-fived Fred and George.

Now that the match had ended, the large crowds were all rushing to get out of the stands, knowing it would be total chaos due to the amount of people.

I gripped Hermione and Ginny's hands tightly, so we didn't separate. Ron grasped Hermione's hand, Harry grabbed Ginny's, and so on so we all would stay together. We all held on tightly as Mr. Weasley apparated us back to our tent.

Mr. Weasley made his way over to Fred and George, who were sorting their bets at the table. Mr. Weasley sighed and shook his head. "Don't tell your mother you've been gambling," is all he says.

The twins take a break and start teasing Ron about Krum. Ron instantly defends him. "He's not lousy, he's the best seeker out there!"

I grinned and joined the conversation. "Freddie, Georgie, I think little Ronnie here is in love!" I laughed.