𝐈𝐗. IMPERIO

CHAPTER NINEIMPERIO

CHAPTER NINE
IMPERIO

§ § §

The next class of Moody's wasn't much better. Even I, who had performed the Killing Curse, was shocked at his plan for today.

"Today I will be putting you all under the Imperius Curse, so prepare." He announced. I turned to Draco, who was standing behind me.

"What the hell is his problem?" I muttered.

"Couldn't tell you," He sighed.

"Hey, Potter, are you sure you won't be the one casting the curse?" Dean hissed at me, glaring. Him and a few other Gryffindors were upset with me. I haven't talked to the trio yet, though.

I blinked and looked down at my feet, too upset to come up with a reply. Draco did it for me, though.

"Thomas, why don't you mind your own bloody business and shut your ugly trap? Shove your complaining up your a-" Draco took a step towards him. I clapped a hand over his mouth.

"Okay, Draco, that's enough. It's fine." I muttered, pushing him back a little bit. He glanced down at me, and was about to say more. I looked up at him, pleading nonverbally for him to drop it. He sighed and nodded a little, standing back in his original spot.

I stand back in my place. Draco reaches forward and takes my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. I move so that I'm next to him, leaning on him a little.

My eyes wander over to where Harry his standing. He looks over at me. We're talking later. He says. I give a nod.

"Professor, I thought you said it was illegal. To use the curses on other people." Hermione says cautiously.

"Dumbledore wants you to know what it feels like," Moody shrugs. I share a frown with Harry. We know Dumbledore the best, and that didn't sound like him.  He starts putting the spell on students, making them do stupid things like jump up and down or spin in circles.

I make my way over to Hermione. "Uh, hi." I say carefully.

"You and Malfoy were holding hands." She says. She had walked in on him and I about to kiss. He turns to me. "I'm not mad. I'm not mad that you performed the curse, and I'm not mad you almost kissed Malfoy."

I let out a sigh of relief. "You aren't?"

"No. You're strong for performing that curse, not evil. Eventually everyone else will see that, too. And as for Malfoy..." She trails off, glancing over at him. "I still think he's a horrible person. Just not around you. He cares about you so much, so I suppose I approve."

I grin and hug her. "That's good. And please don't tell Harry and Ron anything yet." Hermione nods. "We aren't dating though, so I'm just so confused."

"Potter!" Moody calls, cutting off my conversation. Harry and I both looked up. He studied us. "You two can do this together."

"Professor, I can-" Draco steps forward, giving me a nervous glance. I shake my head. Moody raised his wand slightly. Draco took a step back. I glanced at Hermione, and she smirked.

"Alright, Harry you first, then. Imperio!" Moody pointed his wand at Harry. "Walk to the door." Moody says. Harry doesn't move. I grin. But Moody wasn't having it. He tried more forcefully each time until Harry was wincing and had to go to the door.

"Okay, stop! He's in pain, just bloody lift it already!" I yell at Moody, glaring at him. Moody pulled up his wand. I rushed over to Harry and held his arm, guiding him over to Ron and Hermione.

"Alright, female Potter, you're up." Moody says. I glared at him and walked to the center of the classroom. "Imperio."

Stand on the chair, I heard Moody's voice in my head. I frown. That's stupid, why would I do that? I said, stand on the chair. He repeats. I don't budge. It was honestly a pretty stupid command, who'd want to do that? 

I began to mess with him. When Moody told me to walk to the door, I smirked and walked the other way. When he told me to slap Draco, I laughed and high-fived him. I turned to him. "Honestly, I don't feel a thing." I shrugged.

Moody pulled away his wand, releasing the curse. "That had no affect on you at all." He stared at me in wonder. "Not even a flinch... have you been under that curse before?" I shake my head.

"Very well then," he eyed me as I backed up. "Who's next?"

We rush out of Potions as quickly as possible. We were dismissed early from class because the students of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang were arriving. I look over at Harry, wanting to talk, but the professors were splitting us up into our houses.

Later, he says in our heads. I give him a nod.

Someone grabs my arm and I look up to see Eli. He was smirking. "Oh Merlin, Jones, what are you thinking?" I rolled my eyes as we made our way to the Slytherin table in the great hall.

"Oh, just of all the girls I'm going to pick up." He crossed his arms. We sat down with the rest of my friends. 

"Is that a challenge? You don't think I can pick up a bunch of Durmstrang guys?" I raised my eyebrows.

"'Cause you can't," someone said, walking by. I turn to see Noah. I roll my eyes and point my wand at him.

"Ebublio," I mumble. I cast the jinx, which encases Noah in a giant bubble only I can pop. He glares at me and I blow him a fake kiss.

"Miss. Potter, what is the meaning of this? Our guests will be arriving any moment now." Dumbledore walks over to the scene I've created.

"Exactly. Now they know not to mess with us." I swing my wand over at Noah, who was still in the bubble.

"Take him out there and remove this jinx. Now, please." Dumbledore raised his eyebrows at me. I sighed and nodded. I pushed Noah out of the great hall as he slipped within the bubble.

When we were alone in the hallway, I poked the bubble with my wand and it popped. I grabbed Noah's arm to keep him from falling when he landed on the ground. We held eye contact for a second before I quickly looked away.

"Giovanna..." He trailed off.

"Go away, Noah." I began to walk away, but he caught my arm.

"I'm so sorry. For everything. I've been a total git to you for no reason and I'm truly sorry." He said, genuinely upset.

"I'm sure you are, really. But I don't want to be friends or anything more. We're classmates, and that's all." I shake my head and pull away from his grasp, entering the great hall right before the Beauxbatons girls came in.