𝐗𝐈𝐈. THE GOBLET OF FIRE

CHAPTER TWELVETHE GOBLET OF FIRE

CHAPTER TWELVE
THE GOBLET OF FIRE

§ § §

"Um, Giovanna? Can we talk now?" Harry asked, having followed me out into the hall. I close my eyes for a moment then turn.

"Yeah, sure." I reply awkwardly. I'm not sure why. He's my brother and the person I care for the most, yet we've been so distant ever since- "The curse." I say aloud.

"Yeah..." He trailed off. "Listen, I'm not mad. I'm really not. I just want to know why you did it." Harry sighed with a look of defeat.

I thought about it before answering. "Moody gives me a weird feeling. There's something up with him and I don't like it. He thinks he's all that and that he can intimidate me and scare me, and I wanted to prove to him that he can't."

Harry nodded. "I'll agree to that, I get bad vibes from him. But the killing curse?" He frowned. I felt awful. Nothing was worse than the look of disappointment on my twin's face."

"I know you don't think highly of me, but neither do I! I did it to defy Moody, which I now see is a stupid reason. But in the moment there wasn't another choice." I defended myself. We both were quiet for a moment before I whispered, "I don't regret it, you know."

He looked at me with horrific surprise.

I glared at him. "Relax, I killed a spider. Nothing more. And I don't regret it because now Moody knows he doesn't get to me. I don't want to be weak or manipulated. That's why Tom Riddle was my boggart. Because when he's inside my head... I'm not myself." I explained. I hadn't voice this out loud in a long time. Harry's face softened.

"I know. Just... don't kill anyone, please. I can't have my sister being sentenced a life in Azkaban." He grinned slightly.

I smirked. "Me? In Azkaban? How dare you!"

He laughed. "Get lost, Potter. See you at dinner."

"See you."

I shut the door to the Slytherin common room behind me and immediately was about to walk right back out. My usual group of friends were gathered in their usual spot on the couches around the fireplace.

"You guys are so bloody loud," I groaned as I made my way over to them, pushing a first year out of the way by his head.

"Then find somewhere else to sit." Nott shrugged. The group silenced and glared at him. Draco spoke first.

"I was being nice by allowing you into this group. But we all prefer Giovanna much more than you." He began.

"Some of us more than others." Blaise coughed. Draco tinted pink and I rolled my eyes. "Continue, Malfoy."

"As I was saying, disrespect her again, and you'll be playing wizarding chess with the second years, got that?" He glared at Nott, who had shrunk into the couch. Nott nodded. "Great. Now move, you're in her spot."