𝐗𝐕𝐈. THE FIRST TASK

CHAPTER SIXTEENTHE FIRST TASK

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
THE FIRST TASK

§ § §

I walked down the hills surrounding Hogwarts to get to the Whomping Willow. But before I made it all the way there, I noticed someone else talking to Noah. On closer inspection, I realized that it was Draco.

I moved as closely as I could without being seen to hear what they were saying. Draco was speaking.

"You keep trying to wrap her around your finger like last year!" He yelled, glaring at the Hufflepuff before him.

"Oh, yeah? Well if I remember correctly, you only became friendly with her because your father told you to!" Noah retorted. "And you were too scared to say no!"

Draco scowled. "You don't know the first thing about me, or my relationship with Giovanna. You just think you know everything and it makes you all high and mighty! I can tell you right now she'd choose me over you any day!"

"Well she didn't last time! I asked her out and she said yes!" Noah laughed hysterically.

Draco's scowl turned into a twisted smirk. "And then she broke up with you! And you blamed it all on me." His smirk grew as he drew out the 'all'. "You thought she was breaking up with you because she liked me, and frankly, I'm honored. But she did it just because she didn't like you!"

I had had enough. I stormed out from behind my hiding place and ran down to the two yelling boys. "What the bloody hell is wrong with you two?"

They both looked shocked from my sudden appearance. Draco stepped forward. "I was coming out of the courtyard and saw him here, so I came over for some...." He stopped.

"Friendly conversation?" I raised a brow.

"We'll go with that." Draco smirked. "Anyways I asked why he was here and he said he was going to win you back. And then I found this in his bag." Draco reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny vial.

I stepped forward and grabbed it from his hand. I inspected it. As much as Snape and I despise each other, I was excellent at Potions. "Veritaserum?" I asked, looking up at Noah, betrayed. "You were going to use truth serum on me?"

"I just- I wanted to know what you really thought about me and about Malfoy-" Noah tried to defend himself.

"Unbelievable." I shook my head bitterly, grabbed Draco's arm, and pulled him back up to the castle.

"I win!" Draco called back to Noah over his shoulder.

I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh.

Lessons had ended early the next day due to the fact that it was the first task. I had dropped my robes and school stuff off back at the dorms and changed. I now wore black skinny jeans, Slytherin green combat boots, a white button up, and a green v-neck sweater.