𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈. AFTERMATH

CHAPTER THIRTEENAFTERMATH

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
AFTERMATH

§ § §

Harry and I sulked out of the champion's room. Everyone else had to return to their common rooms, and the other champions had left already. It was just us. I sank to the floor near the Goblet and dropped my head into my hands. Harry fell down next to me.

I blinked, a few tears falling from my eyes. "It's always us. And everybody thinks we like it! But all we really want is a bloody break." I sighed in defeat.

"And now we'll look even worse." Harry groaned. "Everyone will think we had cheated to enter the Tournament. I don't want to do this! I was looking forward to watching." Harry sighed as well and I nodded in agreement.

We heard footsteps behind us and got to our feet quickly. It was Professor Dumbledore. "Professor, you have to believe us! We didn't put it in there." Harry pleaded, but Dumbledore held up a hand to stop him.

"Yes, Harry, I believe you. I believe you both are innocent. But, rules are rules and fools are fools." He said calmly.

I grinned. "I like that."

Dumbledore smiled a little. "Now, is that all? You two should best be sleeping by now. Class starts bright and early tomorrow."

I shook my head, but Harry spoke up. "Professor... there is one more thing." I looked at him, confused. 

I thought of my own thing. "Oh, and I have something, too." I looked at Harry and he gestured for me to go first. "Okay... well, in Defense Against the Dark Arts, Moody-"

"Professor Moody, Giovanna."

"Yes, yes." I waved my hand as if swatting it out of the way. "He said you were okay with him putting us under the Imperius Curse. And actually demonstrating the curses. He...." I glanced at Harry, who nodded a little. "He, um, made me... performthekillingcurse." I said quickly.

Now, Dumbledore doesn't show his emotions, but when I tell you he looked surprised, he looked surprised. "I will speak to Professor Moody about that. I indeed did not grant permission for him to use the Unforgivable Curses in class. Thank you for informing me, Giovanna." I nodded. "Now, Harry?" 

Harry seemed nervous. "Well... ever since first year, Giovanna and I, we kind of, well, we can talk to each other... in our minds." My eyes widened. So that's what he was telling Dumbledore. "We don't know how it's possible, though. Some of the abilities we have are because we inherited them from Voldemort. Is this one of those things?"

"Can we have a mind conversation with Voldy too?" I joked, but in reality it was a question I've had for a while.

Dumbledore was silent for a moment, thinking. "I believe I knew this since the second year. Well, I had a hunch. No, it isn't related to Voldemort, you didn't unnaturally inherit it from him. You did however, inherit it from your mother. She couldn't do it, obviously, but it's quite similar to how you both survived."