𝐗𝐗. THE SECOND TASK

CHAPTER TWENTYTHE SECOND TASK

CHAPTER TWENTY
THE SECOND TASK

§ § §

I was in the courtyard with my group of Slytherin friends the night before the task when Harry, Hermione, and Ron ran up to me. They all seemed relieved yet overwhelmed.

"The egg... I opened it." Harry said breathlessly. "We have to figure out the clue now, come on." Eyes wide, I instantly got up and walked over to them.

"Way to save it for the last minute." I mumbled.

"Wait!" Draco called, getting up and hurrying over to the four of us, who had began to walk away. "Can I help?" He asked, mainly looking at me for an answer.

I frowned. "I'd love you to, but I'm already stressed about the task. I don't need to parent you and Harry, too."

"I'll stay away from him! I won't look at him or talk to him. I just want to help you." He said sincerely. I looked to Hermione, who shrugged.

"Fine. But the first insult I hear, you're out." I raised my eyebrows and he nodded. "Now, where to?" I turn to Hermione.

"The library." She smirked.

I was sitting in a chair at one of the desks near the shelves at the library. My chin rested on top of a pile of books we had tried looking in. "Come seek us where our voices sound," I recite the first line of the clue.

"The Black Lake," Hermione answers, reviewing what we already figured out. "That's obvious." Ron, who was snoring in a chair, was shaken awake by Hermione.

"An hour long you'll have to look," I continued.

"Again, obvious." Harry shrugged.

"Though, mostly potentially problematic." Draco pointed out.

My chin lifted up as I glared at him. "Potentially problematic?"

"When's the last time you held your breath underwater for an hour, Malfoy?" Harry rolled his eyes.

"I can hold mine longer than you can, Potter-"

"Shut up!" I yelled at them, slamming my chin back onto the books.

"Look, Giovanna," Hermione placed a hand on my shoulder. "We can do this, the five of us can figure it out."

"Hate to break up the scholar's session," We all turn to see Moody standing before us. "Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." I go to stand. "Not you, Potter, just Malfoy. And she wishes that the Gryffindors report back to their common rooms in time for curfew. So, now."

"But sir! The second task is only hours away, and-" Hermione tried.

"Exactly." Moody cut her off. "Presuming Potter is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. Go. Now!"