Chapter Two

"What are you doing?! Kakashi-sensei said not to eat breakfast unless you want to throw up!" Sakura screeched at me.

I looked over my shoulder as my mouth was open wide, my chopsticks merely millimetres away from delivering my delish breakfast into my mouth, before shrugging. I finished my bite of food before saying, "I don't really mind throwing up. The pain it causes inside of my stomach and esophagus really-"

"I don't want to hear it," she interrupted as she looked away from me. "You are so weird sometimes."

I chuckled before quickly polishing off my plate. "Come on. I made extra. You didn't have dinner last night."

"I don't want to throw up," Sakura said snottily as she went back towards her bedroom.

"Bet you don't want to be lacking energy for the survival exercise either!" I yelled after her. I got the sound of a slamming door in reply before shrugging. "Meh, whatever. More for me."

A little while later, my sister and I were off to the training grounds. We arrived at the same time as the other two and ended up standing by the three stumps. Well, they did.

I went over to the stone and silently prayed for a while. I realized that my teammates had no clue that this was important and felt just a bit of disappointment. Once I was done praying for all those who had lost their lives on the line of duty, I went back to my three teammates.
For the next few hours, I drifted in and out of sleep until Kakashi-sensei finally arrived about an hour before noon.

"Hello guys," he greeted.

"You're late!" Sakura and Uzumaki-kun yelled at him angrily.

"A black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way," Kakashi-sensei lied.

I rolled my eyes at that excuse before looking over at the marker once again. I had focused on the names there until Kakashi-sensei brushed past me.

"I've set this alarm to go off at noon." Kakashi-sensei said as he turned his attention towards us. He then pulled out two bells attached to red string. "I have two bells here. Your challenge is to steal these from me before the timer sounds. Anyone who fails... doesn't get lunch. Instead, you will be tied to that tree stump so I can eat your lunch in front of you."

Haha! I ate breakfast! Suck on that sensei! I thought as I put my hands on my hips and smiled triumphantly.

"All you need is one bell... apiece. But since there aren't enough to go around, two of you are definitely headed for the stumps... And whoever they are will be the first of you to fail. Two of you are on your way back to school... and disgrace," Kakashi-sensei said dramatically.

I rolled my eyes as I put my hands into my pockets. I knew it was bullshit that he was using to motivate us, but telling the truth would have been slightly better.

"You may, if you choose, use shuriken," the man stated as he hid the bells away in his right fist. "Attack as though you mean to kill, or you'll never stand a chance."

"But... But that's so dangerous!" Sakura exclaimed.

"You couldn't even dodge an eraser! You're gonna get yourself killed!" Uzumaki-kun yelled with a laugh.