Chapter Thirteen

"I bet ¥100 he won't show up until that crow comedically caws exactly two times while flying overhead," I said to Uzumaki-kun while pointing at the crow that was currently perched atop a branch on a nearby tree.

He gave a hum while looking at the crow with narrowed eyes before said eyes drifted past me. Those blue eyes of his immediately shot away, and he apologized nervously. "S-sorry, but I don't think I can bet with you today..."

My head snapped around, and I saw my little sister whistling casually, too casually if you asked me, while looking at Uchiha, who incidentally was also looking away. I narrowed my eyes at the Uchiha who had glanced over at me. I put two fingers up to my eyes before quickly swerving them around to the Duckass. I then flipped him the bird as quickly as possible.

He looked shocked that I would threaten him in such a childish manner, but he refused to say anything about it after I gave him my death glare.

So since I had nothing better to do with my life, I sat down and decided to try and sleep until someone woke me up.

As it turns out, Uzumaki-kun never actually let me fall asleep before he starting talking about me behind my back, figuratively of course since he was talking right in front of my "sleeping" body. "Hey, hey. Hasn't Haruno-kun been acting strange ever since he got back from Nami no Kuni?"

"What are you talking about?" Sakura asked, the sass so clear in her voice, I could envision her with her hands on her hips and narrowed eyes without any real effort.

"I mean... He's been really weird," Uzumaki-kun reiterated.

"The only weird one here in you Naruto," Sakura criticized.

"Just hear me out. He hasn't been punched by Kakashi-sensei once ever since we got back, right?" The blonde asked, causing a silence to fall over the three, not that Uchiha was really contributing to the conversation at all.

Oh shit, spoke too soon.

"You're right. Now that I think about it, he hasn't been purposefully trying to get anyone angry at him lately," Uchiha commented, suspicion lacing his tone clearly.

"After what happened at the bridge, he probably got some common sense knocked into him," Sakura grumbled.

"Yeah, but hasn't Haruno-kun always liked getting hurt?" Uzumaki-kun questioned.

Silence filled the air, making it clear that the two boys were looking to my sister for answers.

"Well... Not always..." Sakura finally broke down, her nervousness as clear as day by her tone.

"Did something happen to make him not want to get hurt anymore?" Uchiha pressed.

"Well, I think the Haku thing really got to him," Sakura mumbled softly.

The two boys immediately shut up and left the conversation at that. Uzumaki-kun had previously told Uchiha about my major flip out over what Momochi tried doing to Haku, so both of them had a good understanding of why I was so upset.

"So..." Uzumaki-kun started up again just before I could doze off.

"What now?" Sakura snapped.

"Does Haruno-kun like any guy in particular?" Uzumaki-kun asked.

Sakura remained silent, though it was the type of silence that was easily read as 'did you really just fucking ask that?' Finally, she asked back, "What's it to you?"

"Aw, come on. He knows who I like!" The blonde complained.

"He knows who practically everyone likes. Ren sucks up gossip like a sponge. I swear, he's worse than Ino-buta-chan when it comes to that," Sakura growled softly despite the fact she really enjoyed hearing gossip I picked up from around the village.