Chapter Six

I mind as well just dance the dance
Before I turn a completely ashen color.

Strike me and let it ring.
Change me, just change me
Until I fall into a deep sleep.

At this rate, snatch it, just snatch it
Exposing all of these lies that I've tamed.

Through this feverishly clouded mind of mine,
I've been looking at a false image.
I've been looking straight into a mirror.

"Wake up!"

I felt a foot slam itself into my rib-cage and released a chuckle. "I am awake~."

"Then sit up."

"Mkay lil' sis~," I cooed as I sat up. I opened my left eye and smirked at my teammates. "Morning-"

"It's the middle of the afternoon, you idiot!" Sakura yelled as her fist glided across my face. She was the kind of person that demonstrated her frustrated love through physical violence, especially with me. She knew me best after all.

I released a small chuckle mixed in with a groan as I looked ahead of me.

"I think that's enough messing around with Ren's brain," Kakashi-sensei called out to my sister.

"Please, mess around with my brain some more," I said as I adjusted myself so that I could sit in a more comfortable position.

Sakura then turned her attention towards our teacher.

A woman, Tsunami-san, put her hands on her hips as she looked down at Kakashi-sensei. "Are you alright sensei? Boy?"

I pursed my lips slightly at being called boy, but quickly brushed it aside to get Kakashi-sensei's answer.

"No, but I will be..." He paused for a moment before adding, "...In about a week..."

"The sharingan eye is an incredible power, but doesn't the strain it puts on your body make you wonder if it's worth it?!" Sakura asked worriedly.

Tazuna-san gave a chuckle as he wiped the sweat from his brow. "This time, you took down your strongest opponent yet, so we can probably relax for a while."

"I can't get my mind off of that masked kid..." Sakura admitted as she held her chin.

"That mask is worn by the most elite and secret ninja from Kirigakure. The trackers all wear them. Their unit is code-named the "Undertaker Squad" because they dispose of corpses so thoroughly, it's as though they never existed," Kakashi-sensei explained, "Even after death, a shinobi's corpse may yield up its secrets, exposing the secrets of the skills it had mastered as well as retaining the aura of the chakras it was steeped in in the ninja's native lands. Even the ingredients of any drugs that body consumed become an open book. In the same way, when I die, if an enemy were to take possession on my remains, the corpse would reveal all the anatomical idiosyncrasies unique to possessors of the sharingan. In the worst case, the enemy might gain enough information to be able to duplicate and master that power. Ninja corpses tell too many tales. Basically, shinobi hunters specialize in tracking down and eliminating rouge ninja and obliterating their remains in order to protect the secrets of their home village from the rest of the world. Silently and without a trace. That's how ninja leave the world."

"So Zabuza's corpse will be dismembered and destroyed? That's so creepy!" Sakura exclaimed.

I gave a small hum before realizing that Kakashi-sensei had used up all of the strength he had discussing that with us. I gave a small sigh at the sleeping man before shuffling around in my bed. I wince for a moment before pulling up my shirt. "Oh wow. I wouldn't be surprised if I have a few cracked ribs."