Chapter Thirty-Three

I huffed angrily as I walked through the stadium, my hands still clenched into fists and my eyes narrowed. I heard soft shuffling behind me, so I was slightly calmed down by the fact Kakashi-sensei wouldn't need to go to the psych ward for a month or two.

"Ren-kun!" Lee-senpai exclaimed as he noticed me walking down the aisle towards him, Gai, Sakura, Ino-chan, and Choji-san.

I opened my mouth to snap at him, but managed to catch myself at the very last second. I brought up my left index finger and pinched the bridge of my nose for a moment to regain my control of my emotions.

"Uh... Kakashi?" Gai-sensei muttered as he moved past me to his eternal rival.

The man audibly flinched away and shuffled about for a second before greeting shakily, "H-hello Gai, and Lee-kun too. Is your body alright now?"

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura yelled at the silverenette before making a dangerously annoyed expression.

"I-I'm very sorry. You must have been worried. I'm really sorry for not contacting you all," the jônin apologized profusely.

"Aaand?" I asked as I looked over my shoulder with a piercing gaze.

"I-I'm extremely sorry for being so late! It won't happen again!" Kakashi-sensei exclaimed, stiffening up dramatically upon making eye-contact.

I huffed through my nose before nodding. "Better."

"Um, not to rude or anything Ren, but what level did you go to?" Gai-sensei asked warily.

"Level 5, obviously," I replied as I crossed my arms.

"Level 5?!" The taijutsu expert shrieked before whirling around to face his eternal rival. "Kakashi! Are you okay?! How are you even standing?!"

"I don't know," the sharingan-wielder replied softly before latching onto the other man's shoulders. "I just don't know, Gai. I never thought that..." He shuddered as if he had just been thrown into a large pile of snow while completely in the nude. "Everything I ever taught him, the things you taught him... I never thought he'd use them against me all at once. I shouldn't be alive right now. I don't even know if this is real or not. What if this is just a big part of the genjutsu Ren cast? Are you really here, Gai?"

"Ren, you broke him!" Gai-sensei exclaimed while looking at me with surprise and slight horror.

I gave a sickly-sweet smile and looked over my shoulder at the two men. "Well the good thing is that Kakashi-sensei won't be late to your challenges again, right?"

The silverenette jolted before replying loudly, "Y-yes, of course!"

"All of this because you didn't bring Sasuke-kun here on time..." Ino-chan muttered with a twitching smile.

"That doesn't matter anymore..." Sakura spoke up as she looked down at Uchiha with a saddened expression. "Kakashi-sensei... On Sasuke-kun's neck... there was a mark, right? Is that...?"

"Don't worry," Kakashi-sensei advised as he too looked down at the emo duck.

My little sister looked over in surprise.

The man replied by giving a genuine closed-eye smile, causing my twin to make such a relieved expression, I thought she was going to cry. His black eye then began to move around the arena, clearly counting up all the ANBU members present.

I motioned for Kakashi-sensei not to say anything since the plan changed while he was away with Uchiha. Upon receiving a silent look for explanation, I causally motioned down to Gaara while putting my hand on my stomach where Uzumaki-kun's seal was.