Chpater Ten

"So... Should we see if they died?" I asked as I finished eating my breakfast.

Kakashi-sensei looked over at me in confusion. "Who?"

"Uzumaki-kun and the Uchiha," I replied as if it should have been obvious, which it really should have been. "Uchiha hasn't been eating as much food as he should have, and Uzumaki-kun has been running his chakra down to a surprising low. For all we know, those two could be lying dead somewhere in the forest."

"Ren!" Sakura barked at me. Ah, that's right. She didn't like me talking about Uchiha in that manner.

"Sorry, but it really has been bugging me for a while," I explained as I tilted my head towards her a bit.

She gave a sigh at that and crossed her arms. "You worry over the weirdest things."

"Shall we check on them then?" Kakashi-sensei suggested.

"Hm... Tazuna-san, could you perhaps wait a bit longer before going to the bridge today?" I requested.

"I guess so. Please don't take too long," he replied.

"Thank you," I said with great relief. I then turned my attention to Kakashi-sensei. "Yeah, let's check on them. We could also see their progress while we're at it."

He gave a nod of approval. "Whenever you two are ready."

I glanced over at Sakura, who was ready to see Uchiha. I chuckled as I stood. "Are you ready, sensei?"

"Yeah," Kakashi-sensei replied simply as he stood up with the use of his crutches.

"Then, let's go," I said as I headed towards the door. I held it open for the jônin and my sister before quickly following after them to the forest nearby.

"Where did Naruto go this time...?" Kakashi-sensei asked as we made it to the area where the blonde was supposed to be.

"How should we know?" I muttered as I looked around for the knucklehead.

"Pushing himself beyond his limit, going out by himself again last night..." Kakashi-sensei noted aloud, obviously a bit annoyed with the boy.

"And at breakfast time, Sasuke-kun said he was going for a walk, and he disappeared too!" Sakura complained.

That's when the three of us paused in our tracks. A kunai had been thrown at the ground in front of us, causing all of us to look up at the direction where it came from.

Uzumaki-kun was on a high branch, obviously worn out from his intense training. He was all sweaty and dirty, and in desperate need of a bath.

I bit my lip to fend off thoughts about how amazing it'd be if he were to beat me up with all that grime on him, which would infect my wounds for sure and cause a bigger, longer-lasting pain.

"Naruto can climb all the way up there?" Sakura asked in shock.

"Well?! Well?!" Uzumaki-kun yelled down to us. "Did you see? Look at how high I can go!" He began to stand up, but slipped somehow. "Whu-oh!"

"You idiot!" Sakura screamed.

"If he falls from that height...!" Kakashi-sensei yelled as he watched in horror as the boy began slipping.

I focused chakra to my feet and ran for the tree. I rushed up with all my might, only to pause in my tracks when he used chakra to attach himself to the bottom of the branch.

"Psych!" Uzumaki-kun yelled out, a large grin on his face.

With a blank face, I began to approach him with the strong urge to punch him to death. This dickhead...