Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, Sakura!" Uzumaki-kun yelled as he rushed over to us three.

Uchiha, Sakura, and I had already arrived at the academy and were waiting for Uzumaki-kun so we could start the exam together.

Thankfully, he showed up on time.

"Uh... Hi," Sakura greeted as she forced a smile onto her face.

Uzumaki-kun whipped his application out before pointing at a line on it nervously. "Is this where I sign my name?"

"Can't you read?" Sakura asked as she pointed out the words Uzumaki-kun had to read.

"You're not good with kanji, right? It says, "Uzumaki Naruto. I recommend the one with the name above to the chunin selection exam under my name, Hatake Kakashi. Jônin, Hatake Kakashi." You have to sign your name here," I explained while pointing at the correct place to sign.

Uzumaki-kun pulled out a pen and did so against the rough dirt of the ground.

"Alright, let's go," I directed while motioning towards the door to the academy.

"Right!" Uzumaki-kun cheered as he began to bound for the door.

"Idiot! Wait for the rest of us!" Uchiha yelled at the blonde, who paused only to glare back at his rival.

I gave a small sigh as I followed after Sakura. I was rather bored as we made it to the second floor. My boredom turned to annoyance as I saw two guards not doing their guard duty.

Kotetsu-san and Izumo-san were transformed to look like fourteen-year-olds as they stood guard of the wrong room on the wrong floor.

As Lee-senpai approached the two, Kotetsu-san hit him away.

You son of a bitch?! You dare touch my senpai in that way?! I internally screeched before my sado seal told me that I needed to calm the fuck down.

"Is someone as talentless as you really planning to take the chunin exam? Why bother? Bunch of wet-behind-the-ears snotnoses!" Kotetsu-san insulted before giving a snort.

"You said it!" Izumo-san agreed.

Bitch, you did not just insult Lee-senpai! He has more talent in the cuticle of his pinky that you will ever fucking have! I thought as I began to walk over.

Sakura grabbed me and pulled me towards her as Tenten-san began to walk towards the two guards.

"Please... We're begging you... Let us in," Tenten-san pleaded before getting punched away by Kotetsu-san.

"That's just cruel...!" Someone commented.

"What did you say?" Kotetsu-san asked before giving a smirk. "You misunderstand! We're just trying to spare you... The chunin exam is incredibly difficult... And we should know. We've failed three times so far. There are people who made it, then immediately gave up being shinobi... Others who have ended up crippled... Some reduced to vegetables... We've seen it all!"

"Whoa!" Someone exclaimed.

"Aw, man," someone else commented.

"Besides that, chunin are team commanders. They lead their units. The responsibilities for failed missions and dead shinobi rest firmly on their shoulders." Kotetsu-san wasn't wrong in that aspect, but he was still being a bit dramatic. "And you little punks have the nerve to apply?" He gave another snort. "We're saving a step by weeding out the obvious losers beforehand."

"That sounds good in theory... but you'd better let me through. And drop the force-field genjutsu you've created, while you're at it," Uchiha commended as he and the rest of our team stepped forwards. He had a cocky smirk on his face as he said, "I have business on the third floor."