Chapter Four

Uzumaki-kun sprung ahead of everyone else and looked both ways. He suddenly pulled out a shuriken and threw it at nearby bushes. "Over there!"

I stared at him blankly as my heart thumped violently against my chest.

"I... uh, guess it was only a mouse," Uzumaki-kun said as he tried to play off his error.

"What mouse?! Are you out of your mind?! There's nothing there, you moron!" Sakura scolded loudly.

"Please..." Kakashi-sensei said as he motioned for Uzumaki-kun to calm down. He was sweating as he continued on nervously, "Please don't play around with your shuriken. They can be just a teensy bit dangerous!"

"Hey! Midget! Don't go scaring us! Stop messing with our heads!" Tazuna-san yelled angrily.

Uzumaki-kun, being Uzumaki-kun, ignored the scoldings and kept looking out for danger.

I gave a small sigh before looking towards the sky. "Kami-sama, give me the strength to not strangle my teammate."

Uzumaki-kun then threw a different shuriken towards a different bush.

Sakura punched the boy's head as she yelled out, "I told you to quit it!"

I gave a sigh at their banter before looking around the trees. My eyes caught sight of some weird shine, but I kept looking around as if I hadn't seen anything. I then went over to Kakashi-sensei and pointed towards the thing in the trees as inconspicuously as possible.

He blinked once at me, before his black eye moved towards that area.

I knelt down to see the unconscious snow hare and slowly inched towards my teammates, mainly my sister.

Kakashi-sensei suddenly turned around and yelled out, "Everyone take cover!"

I pulled my teammate, Uzumaki-kun, down to the ground with Sakura before looking over at the new foe. I quickly pulled out a kunai and got prepared for the battle.

"Well, well... If it isn't Momochi Zabuza, the kid who ran off and left the Village Hidden in the Mist," Kakashi-sensei said as he glared up at the man.

Said man stood on the handle of his large sword as he looked down at us. He had black and white cow-print-like arm warmers and leg-warmers that went up to just below his knees. He had striped pants that went up to his bellybutton area as well as a black thing that was most likely used to hold his giant sword on his back.

Great. We're all going to die. If Kakashi-sensei knows the guy, than surely he's in a bingo book. I hope he's not an S-Rank Criminal, I thought worriedly as I inched slowly towards Tazuna-san and my sister.

Uzamaki-kun took a few steps forwards, but was stopped by Kakashi-sensei.

"Don't interfere. Give me room. This one is on a different plane from our previous opponents," Kakashi-sensei ordered before lifting his hand up to his headband. He grabbed ahold of it above his left eye and said, "This may be a little rough."

"Kakashi of the Sharingan Eye, I presume?" Momochi questioned.

My head snapped around to my teacher as my brain nearly stopped computing. I couldn't believe that someone without the Uchiha surname had a sharingan.

"If it wouldn't be too much trouble... Could you surrender the old man?" Momochi questioned.

"Assume the manji battle formation! Protect Tazuna-san... All of you stay out of the fight. That's the kind of teamwork this situation demands," Kakashi-sensei said before he began to lift up his headband. "And now... Zabuza..."