Getting information

On the walk back to your house, you couldn't stop thinking about the girl and her strange question. What sort of sane person would ask a random stranger if they thought they were pretty? Up until now you had thought you were straight, but you were starting to question your own sexuality because of the way you got all shy when she was talking to you. Then you had the bright idea that if you walked home when it was dark out tomorrow, you might have a chance of seeing the girl again. You were also still curious about why she had done what she did, so you opened up your search browser and what you found sort of disturbed you. You realised she perfectly fit the description of a character from an urban legend.
        A couple of months ago you went through a phase where you were obsessed with urban legends, so you knew most of them. After analyzing the details of what had happened you realised it seemed all very similar to an urban legend you had read- The legend of Kuchisake Onna. You wondered if the girl had been a fan of the legend and wanted to impersonate the character of Kuchisake Onna, so it no longer creeped you out as much. "At least I know it was just a cosplayer!" You nervously laughed and decided to watch some anime.