Call 13 : A Boy In Slippers

[ Misun ]

After a while, Jungkook had to continue his part time job and at that time, Taehyung finally returned from his 'quick call'.

"You pressed a random number and talked about random things, didn't you?" I asked accusingly but jokingly while pointing at him.

Taehyung grinned, "I actually called a classmate and ended up getting answers for my homework."

I rolled my eyes.

"But it worked right? You and your Jungkook made up, right?" I couldn't help but smiled when he said 'your Jungkook'. I scrunched up my face and hit him lightly.

"Yeah, thanks Tae. I'll treat you good food next time."

"You should."

I glanced at Jungkook who was wearing a long sleeves white button up under his dark green apron. He had his white button up tucked in his black jeans, and he would sometimes roll his sleeves up to just below his elbows. He glanced at our table, taking me by surprise because his eyes met my own. He smiled and continued cleaning the counters.

"Hey, Tae."

Taehyung looked up from his phone, "What?"

"What did he say about me? You said that he talked about me." I rested my chin on my palm, leaning on to my chair's right armrest.

Taehyung frowned. "When did I say that?"

"And I think you both should know each other, based on what I've been told by both sides." I said, repeating his words when he was introducing me to Jungkook.

"Oh, that."

"Yes, that."

"He told me that he missed someone and her name was Song Misun. That's why, right after I found out that he works here, I immediately texted you to meet me here." Taehyung said.

"He missed me?" I said, smiling as my face lightened up.

He nodded, "Bad news though, he told me he only sees you as a friend."

My smile faltered and I looked down, pursing my lips. "I know, you told me that he has a crush on someone named Jisun."

"Sujin."

"Yeah, her."

"Don't worry, I will still root for you. Plus," Taehyung paused, taking a sip from his untouched cappuccino. "I have a feeling that you'll end up with him somehow."

I smiled and looked out the window. "Taehyung the fortune teller has made his comeback."

I hope it's true though. I hope that he would look at me the way I look at him, with adoration.

"Young miss."

I stirred in my sleep, half awake. I felt a presence near my bed so I turned my head to look at them. One of my maids was standing there. She smiled at me and had one arm stretched out with my phone on top of her palm.

I took my phone and let her exit my room. I looked at the clock, she waked me up at exactly 6:30 AM, which reminded me of Jungkook who used to wake me up earlier than promised.

Speaking of Jungkook, I somehow felt the need to talk to him. Talking to him in mornings was already like a part of my morning routine, so I dialled his number.

Within only two rings, he picked up. "Misun, you're up?"

I smiled at his voice. "Mhm."