Call 28 : Beside You

I looked at him and how he smiled, I couldn't help but giggle. "That was a bad timing for a real confession," I joked.

He let out a small chuckle. "I know, it's way different from what I've planned butㅡ," He shrugged, "We needed it, so there it is."

I wiped my face with a tissue, "I'm sorry that you have to be dragged into this."

He tapped my cheeks a few times. "I don't mind facing all these obstacles with you. At least these will only make our bond stronger. Am I right? Smile if you think I'm right." He always succeeds in making me smile. I couldn't hold my smile, so I smiled. "There it is."

"You're getting cheesier, Jungkookie." I cringed.

"You calling me Jungkookie is already cheesy."

I rolled my eyes. "No, it's not. That nickname is cute."

[ Jungkook ]

I sat down on the chair on front of a convenience store. I plucked in the straw to my little bottle of banana milk. After the vodka incident a long time ago, I swore to never drink again.

I let out a long deep sigh. I had a lot on my mind and I was a mess. I couldn't figure anything out. Misun is going to France and her parents wouldn't approve us.

Why is the world so against me?

"Yo," I heard a deep voice coming from not far behind me. I wasn't surprised since I was the one who told him to come. I didn't bother to turn around and greet him as I was in a really foul mood.

Taehyung took a seat beside me and made a noise as he plopped himself down. "I won't ask a 'how are you' since I know that you're not okay."

Without Taehyung even asking me to do so, I told him everything that happened. He would tease me about the kiss and the sudden revelation of our relationship, but he knew that this wasn't the right time for jokes, so he didn'tㅡ which I was glad for.

"I also heard that she's started to take French lessons, a few days ago." Taehyung said.

It has been almost a week since I went to her house to have a talk with her parents. It's currently eight at night.

"What am I supposed to do, hyung? Why can't this run smoothly?" I groaned out, looking at the empty dark sky.

"Hey, listen," Taehyung started. "If things went smoothly, you wouldn't be falling for Misun." He said.

Taehyung was right. If things did go smooth, I'd keep being someone Misun hired to wake her up every morning. I wouldn't end up learning things I learnt from her. My life would be as flat as a straight line. Heck, I doubt I'd meet her.

"You know what? Why don't you try talking to her father once more? Who knows if he'd end up approving you." Taehyung suggested, but I didn't feel confident about it.

"What if I failed? I'm scared, hyung. What if she ended up suffering more because of me?"

He pat my shoulder and ruffled my hair in a brotherly way. "Listen, little brother. You have the courage to date her, so you, will have the courage to ask for her father's approval. Start building your confidence from now or else how would you ask him for his blessing when you're planning to marry her?"

I blushed at his last sentence. "Hyung, I haven't thought that far yet."

"Yet?" He laughed furiously while teasing me. "So you will think about it? You want to marry her?"

I blushed even more. "Hyung! Is it that funny?"

He calmed down after his laughing session. "What's funny is not your plan of marrying her, but it's your reaction at the thought of it. Do you remember? You used to be like this if we talk about Sujin. But it's all different now. You even plan to marry Misun."