Alternative Ending (1)

This chapter is focusing on Taehyung and Misun. Keep in mind that this is not the real ending of the story.

*Bien sûr que je fais, monsieur = Of course I do, sir

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

[ Third Person ]

It has been around two years after Misun and Jungkook started putting a title over their relationship. Things were going great. They rarely fought, they understood each other really well. They got their parents' approval. Things were doing great for them, the rest of their fate was up to them.

And that was when it all went wrong.

They've been talking about this, how everything was not going according to plan. No, they haven't been fighting over anything. Somehow, somewhere along their journey, their love lasted.

Their relationship felt more like a friendship than lovers.

The two of them decided to talk it out, and they made a decision to try to work it out. They wanted their relationship to work. But it's just not there anymore and you can't just force love to happen again.

Both of them knew that they have moved on from each other.

They knew that they shouldn't let this going further.

Jungkook wanted to focus on his growing passion to be a surgeon. On his side, he was really thankful for the time he spent with Misun. She had made him a better person no matter how he sees it. He won't ever regret being with her. He decided to take a break from love for a while.

However, on Misun's side, she had also learned a lot from Jungkook. She's better on mornings, and she's more independent. Her career was doing really great. She promised him and herself that she won't ever forget the beautiful memories they've created with each other.

They decided to really end things off at the end of summer. Misun took a few days off work to visit her family and Jungkook. They talked and lift everything off their shoulders.

In spite of breaking up, they're still very good friends.

"When is your flight?" Asked Jungkook.

"Tomorrow."

"Can I see you off tomorrow?"

"Unfortunately not. I have to take off at 5 and not sure if I want you to wake up that early and fall asleep throughout the day."

Jungkook just laughed a little. It was hard to laugh at the gloomy atmosphere. They were glad they break things off before it could get complicated, but the feeling of letting go of each other was also upsetting, even to them who had fallen out of love.

"I hope to still see you and contact you." Jungkook said.

"Of course! You'd still be my best friend, you know."

Jungkook chuckled and messed her hair. "I have to leave, then. I'm already half an hour late."

Jungkook got up and waved at her, which she waved back. It was a weird feeling not to hug or kiss each other before parting, but they knew their boundaries.

They love each other a lot after all, they're just not in love with each other anymore.

In France, the next two weeks.

"Miss Song, the president of Fenderson has requested to meet with you." Said Misun's secretary after ending a call.

"Wow, okay, he flew all the way from Melbourne to Paris. Quite ambitious, I appreciate that. Do I have a free time anywhere?" Misun asked, eyes still glued to the designs her company has been working on. "Oh, and tell the team to add some folds to the skirt. It's too plain."