Call 22 : Only If You Tell Me

[ Jungkook ]

My heart beat faster as I look at her, sitting down on the floor with a brush in her right hand and an art palette in her left. Her hands were mostly covered in paint, and the sunshine went through the window and through her hair.

I've never expected to meet her again.

"Jungkook," I smiled and hummed in response. "How are you? I mean, do you still do a bunch of part time jobs, not getting any sleep?"

I chuckled. Ah, I've been meaning to tell you these.

I shook my head, "I sleep a lot now, but I do still get a lot of part time jobs but I'm doing much better. At least I can feed myself with something other than instant ramyun."

A huge smile formed on her face. "Really? Good for you!"

"And I also have a bunch of friends, some of them enter this university. I'm doing well."

"Aw, Jungkookie, I'm so happy for you!"

"I know," I said as I grabbed my brush and started to paint again. "How about you? How have you been doing?"

Misun shrugged. "The same. Nothing new."

I blinked and frowned a little. As I opened my mouth, about to say something, I heard the door opened and someone came in. Thinking that it was either Ella or Juwon, I turned around, wanting to ask for more paint.

"Sunny."

I froze.

This voice...

I turned around fully and met eyes with Taehyung, the one who used to be my only friend in high school.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung widened his eyes in shock and shifted his gaze towards Misun. She gave him a small smile, shrugging. "It's been a while."

"I never thought that I'd see you here, hyung." I said. Somehow, the atmosphere became awkward. Maybe because it has been a year ever since I last talked to him.

"Same. Ah, I have to hurry." Taehyung said, checking the time on his phone.

"Where are you going?" Misun asked. Taehyung turned his head to look at her, and his gaze softened.

Huh?

Taehyung gave her a sweet smile as he crouched down in front of her. "I need to fetch my cousins from the airport. I'll be back in an hour to pick you up, okay?"

Misun returned the same smile and nodded. "Okay. Be careful."

"I will." Taehyung planted a loving kiss on her forehead, and instantly, I looked down and fiddled with the brush on my hand.

... What?

I felt a heavy weight fell on top of my body, my heart clenched and I could feel it breaking. I couldn't see the view in front of me, so I started painting again.

They're.... dating?

Taehyung hyung likes her too? But since when?

What should I do then?

Should I... give up?

She didn't even pull away when he kissed her. They must be dating, huh?

"Jungkook?"

I looked up at Misun and forced a smile. "Yeah?" I looked around and noticed that Taehyung was no longer in the room, meaning that he has left to the airport.

"Are you okay? You're gripping the brush too hard, you'll break it." Misun said, looking at me in concern. I looked down to my hand and I was indeed gripping the brush way too hard.