Call 29 : There For You

"Jungkook, please." I didn't move when he pushed me gently towards the gates of my house. "Let's just go back to your apartment. I don't wanna talk to them anymore. I'm tired." I looked up and locked eyes with him. His dark orbs showed the same emotions as me, scared and nervous, but his eyes never showed any tints of anger. No matter how many times my dad insulted him, he was never angry.

"I'll be right beside you, Misun. It's alright." Jungkook took my hand in his gently and opened the gate. At the same time, I felt touched at how much he wanted to fight for us.

Every step he took, I realized that he was way more nervous than I thought. His hand on mine won't stop fidgeting. He kept on playing with my fingers, and his hand was cold. But his steps were sure and steady, it was like he didn't want me to see him nervous. So I sandwiched his hand between mine and caressed it with my thumbs. He looked at me, surprised at the sudden gesture, and I just smiled at him.

Thank you for being there for me.

He smiled back and knocked on the door a few times. He opened it, as it was unlocked. When we got to the living room, mom and dad were already there, looking relieved when they saw me.

"Misun, thank goodness!" Mom exclaimed. "Thank you for keeping her safe, Jungkook."

Jungkook bowed at them. "It's my will to protect her, ma'am."

Dad glanced at my hand which were intertwined with Jungkook's hand. We immediately let go of our hands.

"Thank you for returning our daughter, Jungkook. Now if you don't have anymore business here, you shall go back home." Dad said.

Jungkook looked at me and I could have sworn that I saw his pupils shaking. "Actually, sir, Misun and I have a few more things to clarify."

Dad raised an eyebrow. "And that is?"

"Mr Song, I might be poor and my class might be too low for your standards but I promise you that I will study hard to become a doctor and I'll work hard so that she can live well, I will be the one who keeps the family living on our feet. You don't need to worry about anything. Surely, I am still young and immature, but please give me a chance. I will never be perfect, but I'll love each and every one of Misun's perfects and imperfections, I'll make her happy."

At this point, I was already crying my eyes out.

Dad looked at my mom and it was as if they spoke in silence. Dad returned his gaze to us and cleared his throat. "Look, Jungkook, son. I think I need to emphasize this one more time. I don't dislike you or anything, but I don't think you're what my daughter needs right now. I want her to focus on her studies and finish it without anything else in her mind. I know it's selfish of me but I just want the brightest future for her. Alright?"

"Dad, I told you that I won't be bothered even just a tiny bit if he's with me. I will keep on studying and I won't even change my decision to fly to Paris. What else do you want?" I said, almost pulling my hair in frustration. I just couldn't get him to think about my feelings. It was always his decision, his feelings, his intuitions, and his goals. Never mine.

"Sir, please." Everyone in the room was shocked when Jungkook dropped down to his knees, kneeling before my father.

"Jungkook! What are you doing?! Stand!" I whisper-yelled, grabbing his arm trying to make him stand up.

He ignored my tries and just kept on talking. "Sir, I won't even dare to disturb her future. I just want to be there with her while she's walking towards it. I just want toㅡ"

"Jungkook, Jungkook, please stand up. Don't do that. Stand, please." Dad said.

I did what I thought was right. I got on the same position as Jungkook. I kneeled. "Dad, please think of my feelings. Please listen to me just this one last time!"