Call 14 : It's Called A Heartbreak

[ Misun ]

"And...?"

Taehyung winced, probably didn't want to continue telling me what happened. I frowned, "Tell me, Tae. It's okay."

Taehyung shook his head, indicating a no, "It's better if you don't know. I won't tell you." He said, but I still forced him to tell me.

"Tae, it's better for me to know so that I won't be suffering in curiosity and worry." I told him.

"Promise me that you won't cry or freak out."

"Can't promise you. It depends on the news you will tell me."

"I won't tell you then."

I groaned, "Okay, okay! I promise I won't cry."

Taehyung then took a deep breath, "Sujin... Sujin likes Jungkook back, Misun. I don't know if you still stand a chance."

At that moment, when Taehyung said that, I felt my heart squeeze in pain as my gaze dropped to my lap. I couldn't feel anything but emptiness.

Is this what they call heartbroken?

I looked up back at Taehyung, "You're not lying to me, aren't you?"

Taehyung scoffed, "Why would I lie? Will it benefit me ifㅡ Misun, you promised me you wouldn't cry!"

I placed a hand on my cheek and felt the liquid flowing down. "I- I don't know why I'm crying, Tae. I mean, of course she'd grow feelings for him. Afte- After all, he's a great guy..."

Taehyung reached out his hands and gently pulled my hands away from my face. He then wiped my tears with his thumb, smiling bitterly for me. "Aw, look at you."

"Tae..." I choked out and jumped into his embrace. "Tae, what should I do when they... if they got together, I don't know what to do anymore. I have no idea that this feeling for him would hurt me! Tae, tell me what to do..."

Taehyung didn't say anything. He squeezed me gently in his arms and stroke my head when I let out a sob.

"Tae, why do I feel so hurt? Why can't I imagine him holding hands with a girl that's not me? Why do I let myself to grow feelings for Jungkook?" I cried in Taehyung's chest. "Is it because I'm used to have him make my day? And he's always there whenever I'm having a hard time?"

Taehyung held me tighter and stroke my back, "There, there. It's okay, cry it all out. I'm here for you."

Taehyung kept on saying that over and over as I cried in his embrace. He never let go of the hug. Even if he was repeating the same simple words, I could tell that he was sincere. He was really trying to comfort me.

I was no longer crying. I only sobbed, but I was still hugging Taehyung tightly. "Taehyung, sorry I cried on you. Your shirt is a bit wet because of my tears."

Taehyung pat my head and ruffled my hair, "It's okay. I'll always be here for you whenever you need me. Cry all you want." Even if I couldn't see his face, I could tell that he was smiling.

I wasn't crying anymore. I was back to normal, laughing at Taehyung's jokes. Taehyung was trying to take my mind off of Jungkook by telling me funny stories. It did work though, I laughed and I felt more at ease, although I still couldn't stop thinking about Jungkook and Sujin.

Jungkook likedㅡ no. Jungkook was in love with Sujin, and Sujin felt the same. Wouldn't they start dating sooner or later?

It's obvious that you don't stand a chance with him, Misun. Face it.

You're only a friend.