🌹f i v e🌹

i had expected to be much more jet lagged from the eleven hour flight to australia, however apparently staying up until four a.m. will take a toll on you and cancel everything out. i was awoken by voices from downstairs, particularly swagger's, screaming at mason for some odd reason.

     i stared at the clock next to the bed, 12 p.m. perfect. i got up out of bed and fixed my hair from the night before. more screaming and laughter came from downstairs and i decided to check it out before heading up for a shower. upon arriving downstairs i noticed everyone was outside. i followed the voices outside where i saw about three of the boys floating in the pool, swagger being one of them. i watched from the doorway, leaning against it slightly.

     at the moment, swagger, mason, and matt were fully clothed, in the pool, trying to pull in cameron who was watching along with toby and jay. i chuckled at the group of misfits. i always loved how they had their own little family with one another. something i could only dream of having. the years i spent on my own often meant shifting between groups of friends. i couldn't really trust anyone, often times it ended up with me getting backstabbed by them. some friends they were. 

     more yelling commenced as cameron refused to get into the pool with the others. i watched for a little longer before an idea popped into my head. cameron currently had his arm being grabbed my eric, pulling away from the three boys that were tugging at him. swagger caught eye of me and i ushered him not to say anything. i snuck behind cameron before giving him a light push, seconds later having him fall directly into the pool. 

     i smiled innocently, "oops" i said, earning chuckles from the boys surrounding the pool. 

     "good morning to you too, (y/n)" cameron replied, "thank you very much"

     "it's my pleasure." i said, chuckling quietly.

     "really? cause the cramp in my leg says otherwise." he said, i panicked momentarily.

     "fuck, i'm sorry." i apologized, offering my hand to pull him back onto the ground. "here."

     he gave me a light smirk as he took my hand, "that's a mistake." he simply put, before dragging me into the pool as well.

     i let out a light scream unexpectedly and made contact with the water. upon resurfacing i was met with laughter from the boys. i was mad, for like the first few seconds, but the contagious laughter from the boys came onto myself and i laughed along with them.  

     "i deserve that," i chuckled.

     cameron nodded, "yeah you kinda do," he smiled. i found myself getting caught in his gaze, and i quickly directed myself away from it and mentally cursed at myself. 

      "honestly i'm surprised i didn't see that coming. should've realized you're literally tall enough to reach the bottom if you wanted." i snickered, "then there's the midget over here." i pointed at swagger.

      cameron laughed softly, "true. truth be told we actually hardly ever use this thing. but mason had the wonderful idea of jumping over the wall and into the pool first thing in the morning."

     "that's a lie i actually bet that he wouldn't do it for like twenty bucks. so now i actually owe him twenty fucking dollars." swagger chimed.

     "why wouldn't he do it." cameron chuckled.

     i shook my head in disappointment in amusement, "honestly if we left swagger and mason alone for at least an hour they'd somehow manage to end the world or save it."

     "probably the first," matt said, we all nodded in agreement. swagger and mason pouted playfully.

     "oh ye of little faith, (y/n). is that really what you think?" swagger said in defeat.

     "think? oh no, i know it." i said, "funny story, back when he and i went to college together a couple years ago he got high at a frat party we were pressured into going to. and let me tell you he fucking ascended. i mean, he was rambling about some philosophical bullshit and claiming that we're all in some VR simulation and the people we meet are just other people in one really fucking big fucked up server."

      "that sounds like swagger, yeah." matt laughed. 

      swagger laughed nervously, "well uh. i'm just gonna, go get ready for today. i did plan a lot of shit for today. hope you like airsoft, (y/n)."

     "never tried it but i'm gonna beat your ass nonetheless." i replied cockily, chuckling a bit. "but yeah, i'm gonna head out too. i need a shower anyway." i said, climbing out of the pool and grabbing a towel that jay had laid out not too long ago from the table by the door. the breeze caused me to get chilly and i quickly darted inside and ran upstairs to my room and ran the shower to get ready for the day ahead.

---

a/n

haven't updated this in a bit and im sorry. this chapter kinda lost inspiration halfway through but i intend to fix that next time :)

love u

xoxo

-liza