🌹s e v e n🌹

c a m e r o n

     spending the day with the boys was definitely a lot more fun than expected. after recently moving to melbourne, the stress was starting to get to me. so this little one-day vacation was proving to be beneficial. but what interested me the most was (y/n). she wasn't like the rest of the boys. yeah she was carefree, but she was holding back something. i didn't know why i could tell. it was just something i unintentionally paid attention to.

      i went back to the moment when she pushed me into the pool. it was unexpected, but made for a good bit for the boys. despite spending a little time with her, i could tell there was something special about her. i wasn't sure why. but i could see it. and i got the feeling that she didn't know it was there. 

     after she left the pool, i stayed for a few more minutes with mason and swagger. i turned to face them, "she's cute." i muttered softly, unsure if the boys were able to hear what i said. it turns out that they did.

     "ooh is cam getting a crush?" mason beamed.

     i scoffed, "no. it was a compliment dumbass. besides i only just met her. this isn't some sort of fanfic bullshit you find on the internet."

     "or is it? what if we're all in some sort of parallel universe where we're all characters in a made-up reality based on actual reality?" mason said, we all looked at him like he was going insane.

      "you've had enough fucking weed for a lifetime." eric retorted. mason simply shrugged. i let out a chuckle and decided it was time to get ready for whatever swagger had planned for the day.

---

      after laser tag had ended and we were walking to the arcade, i slipped past everyone and tried to find eric in the group. of course he was easy to spot as he was the shortest and was the only one wearing chainmail and a giant fucking helmet. 

      i tapped on his shoulder and he looked at me, "what is it, cam?" he asked.

     "well, um, i was kind of wondering about (y/n)?" i asked quietly, hoping she wouldn't hear as she was in the front of the group with toby and matt. 

      he looked at me for a moment, "why do you wanna know?"

      i shrugged and attempted to play it off and not to come off as weird. "just wondering, i guess. i wanna get to know her better."

     "and you can't ask her yourself?"

     "no because that might be weird and stuff...besides, you know her better than anyone." i murmured. 

     eric sighed softly, "fine, fine. (y/n) and i met in the summer before our freshman year of college. spent some time together, etcetera, etcetera, bullshit details. anyway, she and her parents had an odd relationship. the only reason they agreed to pay for her college was because they wanted her out of the house. they kicked her out when she turned eighteen and that was right after her senior year of high school ended. so she was looking for a roommate, aka me, and yeah. her life in college was actually pretty decent. studied hard to keep her grades up, but almost never left the dorm. it wasn't until one frat party she was pressured into going to changed her whole life."

     "why is that?" i asked, intrigued about the situation.

     "well, you see, (y/n) met a boy. i think his name was charlie or whatever. but, they were a thing for a while. six months give or take. and that was really her first ever relationship. she was still innocent and delicate at the time. she didn't know how it all worked. it was that same asshole who broke her too." he said, i couldn't see him do it but i could tell he frowned a bit.

     "her ex basically used her to get the attention of all the other jealous girls in college. so the boy she thought loved her was actually just a thirsty asshole wanting to get fucked. he never loved her and he broke her heart for his own personal gain. she hasn't really ever been the same since. soon after things literally started falling apart for her. she lost most of her friends, and she struggled to keep up with her classes. remarkably she still passed and she's much more than she looks like." he said.

     i nodded, unsure how to formally take it all in. "so she is as special as i thought she was," i muttered. 

     eric laughed softly, "she's very special. trust me. the more you get to know her the more you realize that." 

     i didn't realize that i was staring at her for a prolonged period of time, she caught my gaze and i quickly looked away. i wanted to help her. i wasn't sure what i was supposed to help her with, but a part of me just knew that she needed it, and she didn't know where to get it.

---

     when we arrived at the arcade many of us went our own separate ways. i invited jay if he wanted to come find a galaga machine and he passed up, saying he wanted to go with eric and (y/n) to find food. i shrugged and went along to go find it. 

     i played a few rounds for a couple of minutes but it wasn't long before i felt a light tap on my shoulder. well, near it anyway. i looked down and saw (y/n), who i actually noticed was a little shorter than swagger. it was cute.

      i smiled softly, as she asked a question. "so, the boys wanted to start a group chat for all of us but they asked me to get your number so you could add me?" 

     i nodded, "sure," i said, writing it down on a piece of paper she had given me along with a pen. i handed it back to her. 

     she smiled brightly, "thank you!" before going back with the others.

     i chuckled and went back to the game, seeing her happy was nice. and maybe i didn't realize that i was  unintentionally starting to like her.