🌹t w e n t y🌹

i stared at the man in front of me, who's gaze continued to hold on me, watching, and waiting for me to break beneath his grip. on the outside i stood my ground, on the inside, i was mortified.

       "you," i sneered.

       he let out somewhat of a laugh, "well, that's not really the way you greet an old friend, now, is it (y/n)?"

i scoffed suddenly, "friend? after all these years, and after all the pain you put me through, you have the audacity to call me your friend?"

"well, it was either that, or a slut." he smirked darkly. "i think i know which one you'd rather prefer."

i hissed coldly at him, "you backstabbing, good for nothing, loathing, son of a bitch!" at this point there were people from within the restaurant who were staring at us, or more specifically, me.

"i mean, you do still dress like one. you're here on a date, i presume? i want to meet this so called 'boyfriend' of yours!"

"listen here, cunt, the only thing you're going to meet is my arms around your neck when i pull you out of this restaurant and strangle the shit out of you." i threaten.

charlie laughed, almost mockingly, no, definitely mockingly. "well, you've certainly changed, but there's no need for the act, hon. we all know that you're still the sad, insecure, lonely, little girl, who's too afraid to come out of her comfort zone because she's scared of being rejected. sound a bit familiar?"

i could've just left. i told myself relentlessly, 'i'm not going to let him win.' and what happened? he played me right into his hand and i was too stupid enough to see it.

before i could take a counterargument, i felt cameron come up from behind me and place his hand on my shoulder. "is everything alright?" he asks quietly, trying not to let charlie hear.

"no." i quickly mutter.

"oh, everything's fine! besides, you're just the person i've been dying to meet." charlie smirks.

cameron stiffens, "unfortunately, me and my girlfriend will be leaving now. so if you'll please excuse us."

cameron takes my hand and leads me out towards the exit, i calmed down slightly but it wasn't before a voice pierced the air.

"tell me, cameron, isn't it? do you really think that you're the first? well, i mean she's obviously had other boyfriends but...exactly how many? how many one night stands, how many boys have you led on for months and just left? how many times have you said 'i love you' and not meant a single word?" charlie made sure to enunciate every word of the last sentence.

i tensed as cameron continued to lead us away, but i stopped. i realized that i never told him about any of it.

"what, as if you're not the same. sure i may have done those things. sure i may have been a slut, but i've learned a lot of things, bitch." i said.

"i learned that some people can't be trusted. i learned that not everyone is gonna stay until the very end. i learned that some people are nothing but a bag of liars and asshole. but i also learned that you don't scare me anymore. so take your pathetic act, and piss off." i finally say, walking towards the door, but at the last second, i stop. "and one more thing. if you think, even for a damn second that i don't love cameron. then you're dead wrong. and it's gonna take a hell lot more than words from a backstabbing liar for me to change that."

at this point the bystanders in the restaurant gave a sudden cheer, who surprisingly i had forgotten were there to begin with. charlie's smile was immediately wiped off his face as he sat back down in his chair.