🌹t h i r t e e n🌹

c a m e r o n

     after all of us piled into the mini van that ryan rented for us, we made our way to the resort we would be staying in for the next few days.

      the trip itself was 100% uncalled for, but i'll be honest. i probably never would've gone if mason and (y/n) didn't go to my apartment with matt and ryan.

      sure i had work to catch up on, but it could wait. besides, i sort of needed the break. moving to melbourne was more stressful than i had originally anticipated. but these past few weeks with (y/n) seemed to make it much less so. of course i enjoyed the company of the boys, but there was something about (y/n) that made her stand out from the rest of us. she was a misfit in her own special way. and i loved it.

     i'd been struggling to comprehend the feelings i had for her. i enjoyed her company as a friend, but i could tell a part of me wanted more. over the last few weeks i've know her, i found myself memorizing her little habits and getting myself into things that she likes, in a hope of trying to strike up a conversation with her with things she enjoys.

       i sighed quietly, sitting on the bed of the shared suite we had with everyone. i heard a quiet curse from the other room and looked over to see who it was.

     i peered into the next room, which was apparently (y/n)'s. "everything okay?" i ask quietly.

      she directs her attention towards me, being startled for a moment. "yeah everything's fine."

      "you sure? i heard you swearing." i said.

      she looked at me, "well, long story short, i'm a dumb bitch."

      "that doesn't tell me much." i teased.

      "wow okay fuck you too then." she scoffs. "but basically i was in such a rush packing all my shit by shoving into a single bag that i forgot to pack spare shirts to sleep in."

      i bit my lip a bit, "well, if you want you can borrow some of mine? mason literally shoved like twenty in my guitar case and i took most of them."

      she smiled softly, "are you sure? i can just ask if i can go into town and buy some more or-"

      "no really, i don't mind." i say, quickly going into my own room to pick out one of the smaller 'misfits' shirts i owned. i gave it to her and she smiled.

      "thank you." she said softly. i smiled in return.

      "my pleasure." i replied, looking into her eyes for a moment and unintentionally holding her gaze for longer than anticipated. once i realized what was going on i quickly directed my attention to something else and cleared my throat. her doing the same.

      i took my leave and sighed softly. murmuring a quiet goodbye to her, as i closed the door to my room and leaned my head back on it.

      i was soon startled by toby, who entered the room suddenly. i cursed as he did so.

      "fuck, toby, don't do that." i muttered.

      "sorry, mate." he chuckled. "you and (y/n) getting acquainted, are we? or a little more so?"

      i shot him a quick glare, "toby. there's nothing between us." i said, making sure he didn't hear the quiet 'unfortunately' i added towards the end.