Adopted Daughter

When we reach the base of the mountain the girl gave me weird look.

"I live up the mountain. We're walking because I don't think your insides could handle being teleported my way without a magic circle and I also like to walk up and down instead of instantaneously appearing there." I explained as I gestured to keep following.

She seem to accept that and followed without a word again. You know you could at least ask some questions, don't you wanna know more? I'm fine either way though. As if reading my thoughts, she began the game of Q&A.

"What's your name?"

"Kami."

"So you are God?" She frowned.

"Like I said, no."

"Then what's with your name? "

"I picked it randomly."

"What do you mean by you picked it randomly? Didn't someone name you?"

"No, there's no one that could name me. If there is someone then they never told me it." I was referring to the above entity when I thought of this.

"You don't have any parents?"

"Never did."

Seems that really confused her.

"Then how were you born?"

"I just came into existence. It's hard to say if that was intended or not, but don't try to understand it, you'll fry your brain."

There was a slow nod after a minute or so. Probably tried to understand, but came up with nothing in the end.

"Why are you so bloody?"

"I killed an army of fallen angels so that you could be saved." I looked at her as I said this. Her eyes widened at this then started tearing up. Wait why is she going to cry?

"Did you get hurt anywhere?! I'm so sorry you had to go through that just to save someone you don't even know.." She really began to cry.

"It's not necessary to cry over it. I honestly did it because I had wanted my first battle experience. It just turned out really messy thanks to my inexperience in fighting and I'm unwounded."

She slowly stopped crying as we continued walking back up the mountain, almost at the top.

"... Why did you resurrect me?.. "

"You're face reminds me of a few women that had caught my interest in the battles they partook. These were all exceptional women that I think could possibly be your ancestors. The other reason I had mentioned before, just in a bit more undertone. So you could keep going to church, if that Gremory girl had been the one to resurrect you, you would have turned into a devil and could no longer pray or do anything related to the church or holiness. "

She was taken back by this as she fell silent to process this.

"Did you want to become a Devil, Asia Argento?"

Since this was the first time I had used her name, she looked at me seriously before slowly shaking her head.

"That's what I thought."

I ended the conversation there as we reached the top and as I expected, I was looking into Halona's deep blue eyes the moment we got up there. There was a questioning look on her face as well as a tinge of anger, this was a good start.

"Hello Halona.." She didn't reply as her eyes were focused on the girl instead. I stood to the side a bit as I waited for the interaction, but only silence prevailed. This obviously wasn't going to go anywhere, especially when I can't tell what this unstable silver fox of mine is thinking.