It's Already Complicated

Still laying on the couch of the Occult Research Club, I quietly listen to the sound of Rias writing or signing things from her desk. I had kept my eyes and mouth shut thus far, both because I wanted to dwell on my thoughts about Halona and Helvynia, the other reason was that I had nothing much to say to Rias. I do find it strange as well that she would so easily agree for letting me stay here, but I can guess more or less as to why.

They were cautious as to how to deal with me. Their caution is unfounded though, as long as they keep in line and don't harm any of the humans then I'd remain idle and won't raise my hand for a spanking, except on rare cases though.

"Hm?" I sat up slowly as I could feel magic gathering at a point in area between the entrance and the couches. Noticing my sudden movement and the direction I'm looking toward, Rias looked up from her paperwork toward the same spot.

"What is i-" Before she finished asking the question, a magic circle appeared on the floor shining blue with Gremory clan symbal. Rias eyes widen in surprise before looking at me for a second then back to the magic circle.

From the middle a beautiful woman appeared wearing a maid outfit? She had nicely styled silver hair, the colour was close to mine but hers was just silver. Her aura was quite interesting as held herself with a cold atmosphere and professionalism in her field of work, my money is on her being an S-class maid, but that feels kind of off?

It feels like there's a true S-class maid out there. Must be my delusion.

The next moment that aura that kept her imagine was replaced by a rather affectionate smile as she looked at Rias while Rias still had a bit of a shocked expression on her face.

"Grayfia-oneesama?!" Rias called out to the now named Grayfia who in turned smiled more and made her way over to Rias. Rias moved around her desk and walked over to Grayfia as well and they both shared a hug, before correcting their posture and attitude which turned back to their original expressions. Talk about a weird relationship from a third person's perspective.

"Its great to see you Rias, I hope you're doing well and that you're taking care of your servants." Grayfia said as they both sat down on the other couch to converse. Is it just me or wasn't I even noticed? I mean I know my power is literally everywhere, but how do you not even notice someone else sitting on the couch? Am I invisible?

With a sigh, I simply sat back against the couch and watch the two beautiful women talking with one another. Well at least one of them is an actual woman, the other is still but a teenage girl.

Grayfia suddenly took on a serious expression, a gesture as to say that the next topic would be serious matter and Rias also got serious.

"Rias, although I came here to check up on you, I'm actually also here on serious business." That aura of a cold and professional maid came once again, seriously though, what's with the constant change in attitude?

"What is it Grayfia?" Rias's attitude was unwavering and challenging Grayfia's.

"Sirzecks Lucifer-Sama and Zeoticus Gremory-Sama have both arranged a marriage with you and the heir to the Phoenix household sir Riser Phoenix." Grayfia said unblinking while Rias expression slowly became stupified.

"...." Rias' mouth moved but no words or sound came out, she was completely dumbfounded. Grayfia, as if she expected this, started saying that both families had agreed to this arrangement to further strengthen both the bonds of the families and also to restore the pillars of the families that were lost during the war.

Naturally this wasn't surprising as I've seen countless families do this throughout the ages. It was either something like a politically arranged marriage or to preserve a strong line of genes in the generations that follow, this just so happens to be both.