Chapter 2 Preparations for the First of Many

At a forest of large bamboo sticks that can reach more than thirty feet, there's a small opening in the middle of the bamboo forest that has a wooden shack. The shack seems old but seems to be somewhat taken care of, there's not much windows and signs of the house being repaired multiple times. In the house there's a bedroom that has it's door wide open.

The bed inside seemed a bit dirty but looked somewhat folded neatly but on top of it was a black spiky haired boy. He had a black tank top with a short sleeved white and blue hoodie. He had ripped up pants and leather shoes that seem homemade. Suddenly from the doors another boy appears, walking over to the boy on the bed.

"Hey bro wake up? Hey wake up? I said wake up. I SAID WAKE UP!"

The boy yelled out as the spiky haired boy waked up, falling off the bed but landing on his head. The spiky haired boy sat up on the floor, rubbing his head while looking up to the boy who woke him up. The boy that woke him up had grey spiky hair, his pupils yellow and he had a black ripped jacket with roughed up pants.

"Dammit Kai, whatever happened to waking me up peacefully!"

The boy on the floor said but Kai smacked him on the back side of the boy's head.

"Well good morning to you Ken. Just be glad that I didn't throw you out this time now come on, get cleaned up and meet with Po. Mostly everyone is ready and waiting with you!"

Kai said as he kicked him on the side of Ken's gut, pressuring to stand up. Ken gets agitated but stands up, too tired to fight back against Kai. He walked out of the bedroom then walked over to another room that was locked, in front of the room was a boy that was jumping in the air frantically. Ken looked at the frantic kid and walked over

"Hi Arthur, is Roman taking up the bathroom again?"

Ken asked as Arthur nodded; he was wearing a gray short sleeved shirt with black shorts. He had short messy brown hair and had green pupils.

"He's been there for ten minutes and I need to go! I swear he's just staying there to make me suffer, dammit let me in! You know if Po finds out then you have to climb up the mess that's gonna happen here!"

Arthur said while slamming his fists towards the door but then the door opened; the door revealing a tall black haired boy, wearing a ragged suit that could he found at the dumpster or given to you by some hobo.

"Come on Arthur, you know how I must keep up my appearances for the people"

Roman said pridefully, blocking the entrance to the bathroom while Arthur keep hopping around

"For what people?! Oh never mind just move out of the way!"

Arthur demanded as he ran inside the bathroom, pushing Roman out of the way to get inside. After a few seconds later there's a loud sigh of relief in the room, Roman then looked at Ken and waved hello at him

"Anyway good morning brother, you should get ready for the day quickly! Today is the big day!"

Roman said as he walked off, but then Ken started panicking slightly. Today is their test to show that they can take care of themselves in the outside world, if him and his siblings pass then they can go to the Western Kingdoms. A few minutes later, Arthur walked out with a face of relief