Chapter 8 Finishing Off the Day

The three siblings Kassy, Arthur, and Ken are at the third floor's nurse's office. Ken is laying on a bed as Arthur and Kassy were sitting by his bed.

A figure walks towards the two, it was a woman in her twenties. She's wearing a white coat that's buttoned together, the coat made out of a spacial cloth that give it's a futuristic look. There's green medical symbol on her shoulders and has a cap on her head that has another medical symbol on it. She had short white hair and gray eyes.

"Greetings I am Nurse Jiuhu Che or Jiuhu to make it easier. I'm here to check on your brother, may you two wait at the front of the office please."

She would open the door for them, the two would nod and give Ken one last look before leaving the office. Nurse Jiuhu would start checking on Ken.

Arthur and Kassy sat at the chairs that were placed in front of the office. They sat there awkwardly, scanning the hallways but only saw other kids walking through the halls. But there was one kid that caught their interest.

The kid is wearing a red hoodie, whatever is on the hoodie seem unknown. He had red hair and orange eyes but their was, wait? Is that a cat? There was a cat inside his backpack, the cat's head is slightly poking out but when some people are passing the cat slides his head back in.

Arthur seems bothered, he wasn't sure if a cat is allowed in school grounds but Kassy's eyes lights up, the injuries of his brother becoming old news. She started shaking, resisting the urge to jump on the student. But Arthur noticed Kassy shaking and he knew why.

"Kassy no, you're gonna embarrass us and it's already bad that Ken went into a fight. Besides the owner might not like you pet the cat"

Arthur tried keeping Kassy still, Kassy's legs were tempted to launch up as her hands clenched on the chair's arms. Her palms getting sweaty as she bit her bottom lip, this was her first challenge at this school and she started to waver.

"C-come on maybe just gotta ask him the cat's name maybe just one small pat! He's getting further away!"

Kassy was fighting herself internally was gonna launch herself off the chair but Arthur grabbed Kassy's arm but he was struggling.

"Kai and the others are probably having a great time compared to this!"

Arthur tried his best to hold the girl back, Kassy's body arguing with itself to wether stand up or sit back down.

"Hey Arthur look Ken is all right!"

Kassy looked over Arthur's head at the nurse's door, Arthur looking over as well but saw no one. He dropped his guard but realized Kassy had tricked her, Kassy jumped off the chair once Arthur's guard was down.

"Kassy no!"

Arthur tried calling out to Kassy but it was too late, she then tackled the boy's side as she took out the cat from his backpack.

"So cuuuut-"

She pets the cat but looks around, seeing groups of students and teachers looking at her along with the boy she tackled to get the cat.

"Uhhhhh, nothing to see here"

Kassy hugs the cat but then the cat hissed as it smacked Kassy's cheek with her paw, it's claws making a small cut that chased Kassy to let the cat go. The cat returned to the boy's side as it hissed at Kassy once more.