Chapter 17 A Child's Intuition

It has been two hours in Kana's and Hofuku's test; the sun is starting to depart and the sky is starting to go dark.

It has been chaos at the small city; Ace, Ken, Blitz, Roman, Kashi, Asher, and Kai are trying to deal with the giant undead demon skeleton but have been dealing with trouble by an ambush of a battalion of normal skeleton soldiers.

Kody has been gone from being sent to the air from the monsters. Ryoshi, Arthur, and Kassy have been overwhelmed by their own skeleton battalion but the only one left who is able to stand is Kassy, how will she take them on?

"If you want them you have to go through me first!"

Kassy's legs are shaking, her hands surrounded with the green aura of her shield magic, her teeth slightly jittering in fear.

One of the bone soldiers dash towards Kassy and swings it's bone club. Kassy yelps, using her hand to block the bone club, the small shields she manifested on her plans were destroyed easily like glass. Kassy falls back, looking up to see the bone soldiers swinging down its bone club again, Kassy uses her other hand to block it once more, the club was launched back but Kassy's last shield shattered.

Kassy tried to produce more mini shields but it was hard to quickly replace new ones, especially if she has to condense them to around her hands. She looks up to see one of the bone soldiers swinging a sword towards her.

She panics and thrust her hand with a rushed made shield towards the sword but it broke as the sword barely made contact with the shield; the shield was able to push the sword back but the sword sliced the surface of Kassy's right hand, tearing up a new bloody scar on her palm.

"Sis!"

"Kassy!"

Arthur and Ryoshi tried fighting back the bone soldiers but they were just too easily overwhelmed by their numbers. Kassy lets out a high pitched scream, gritting her teeth, enduring the pain but this only distracted from the same soldier taking another swing.

"Wait! Kana! Hofuku! Sun! stop it!"

Ryoshi begged but the soldiers didn't seem to be changing.

Sun, Hofuku, and Kana were watching through a crystal ball that Kana brought that showed each group of children, excluding Kody since he was separated from the others.

"Kana what are you doing? Stop this! If that thing attacks again, she'll get severely injured if not worse! Why did you even gave those things real weapons?!"

Sun questioned the other two's sanity; Hofuku was just standing there with his arms crossed as he examined the crystal ball, especially Kai of all people, Kana in the other hand was just sitting on the ground with a confident smile on her face.

"Haha! I didn't think you would grow so fond for a group of kids this fast. Come on Sun, even I have more faith for these kids then you do. Look at that girl! She took a stand against the majority of those soldiers, she never destroyed one of them, but look!"

Kana points at the crystal ball; it showed Kassy placing both of her hands together, Kassy winces in pain of her palms being pressed together. She starts to concentrate, once the bone soldiers were close enough, she spreads her arms as her hands unleashed a green barrier around her, the barrier pushed back the soldiers.