VI

~ Chloe

"Detective, I'm sorry you had to come and find your daughter like this, but we thought we'd let you know what happened up until our arrival." "I'm listening." I crossed my arms, shifting my weight on one leg, scowling back at them.

"We found your daughter underneath, A 53 story building." My jaw quivered, my face may have seemed shocked, but any one could tell how broken that made me by the Way the tears came pooling from my eyes. "We understand your Upset ma'am, but we're also going to inform you that if it weren't for a concerned civilian, using her entire body as A shield against the debree your daughter would probably not have survived." I whipped my head up.

"So you're saying she didn't suffer from the collapse? But how? How could anyone survive this?" Questions were boiling in my mind, but one that I couldn't shake was, who? Who went through this kind of trauma; saving my daughter?

Their sudden response shook me from my thoughts. "That we're not so sure of either, but we're granting you permission To go and visit her while she's in the hospital, if She even survives the night."

"I mean what's her name??" My voice shook; growing impatient. She goes by the name of, 'Marceline StarMorning'. That girl?? Of all people? I thought this chick hated me? Lucifer is never gonna shut up about this. "Uh. Okay. Thank you for the information, now if you'll excuse me I'm going back to take care of my traumatized child." I snarled turning on my heels.
------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile at the los angelos Emergency Room…
------------------------------------------------------

~Marcy

"GET THAT BLOODY THING AWAY FROM ME YOU WRECHED IMBECILES!!"

I Spat at the nurse with the stupid hospital gown in her hands "Mrs. StarMorning we're only trying to help you."

"I'M NOT IN JAIL THIS IS WORSE THAN SAGGING! YOU WANT ME TO WEAR SOMETHING THAT EXPOSES HALF MY ASS TO HELP ME?" I growled. "Its mandatory that you put this on." She sighs.

"-or if you're not going to co operate we're going to have to manipulate your visitation hours." I rolled my eyes, "game well played." I snarl, snatching the stupid piece of fabric from her wrinkly old hands.

I underestimated my enhanced healing, trying to slip it on myself but once the nurse saw me struggling she tried to help. I swatted her hand. "What in mom's name do you think your doing? I can dress myself! I'm not your bloody cabbage patch kid!" I Growled and in response; she Glared daggers at me.

I threw the gown on, wincing and whimpering. I scowled ever time she'd throw me a sympathetic glance, "are you just going to watch me get nude? What do you think I am a porn star?" She blushed and rushed out of the room.

I finished up, and plopped back on the cott , whimpering at the Pain serging into my spine from my back to my tailbone.

I throw my arms together, and scowl at the Wall. I didn't move, and remained sitting up. My legs were criss-crossed. When the door opened someone I didn't exactly expect to come visit me of all people, walks into the room.

"Well if it isn't Chloe bloody Decker. The mother of the kid I literally busted my back trying to save. To what do I owe the pleasure?" I lean back against the bed, glaring back at her.

But all she does is Look back sympathetically. "If you came here to pity me than be on your way! I don't do Pity. I'm the
She- devil for shit-sake." I snarled, remaining still.

"I came here to..to thank you for...you know saving my daughter."

"Well I do care. Believe it or not, about both you and trixie, and Lucifer." she smiles.