IX

~Lucifer

I was in slight panic, but more flustered really. Chloe had managed to weave her way back. Just as I was turning around; marceline being carried bridle stile, I met her worried eyes. “Okay I could’ve sworn I was right over-” chloe starts but soon interrupts herself, “Oh my god is she okay?” she asks, “Uhh yes everything's fine. I hate to dirtch you in you hour of need but I’m afraid I’m going to have to take a rain-check. Sorry detective, good luck.” with that she latched onto my arm. I thought she was upset with me, until she bolted past me.

She speed walked towards the group of children who are now huddled together in a crowd. She scoffed in shock. “W-what? I -I thought...I-I” she stammered, “I’ll explain later Detective I promise you, but right now..” I motioned towards Marceleine whose seemingly lifeless in my arms. “Oh okay…” she sighs, but soon her disappointed gaze melts into one of worry.

I didn’t know what was going to happen, nor even if marceline was going to be okay. But I couldn’t stay here. Knowing she’s vulnerable to not only chloe but trixie as well, she could actually be in grave danger.

How much more childish could I have actually been. We should be more worried about the case, more specifically what Demonic beast could've  done something like this??

~3rd person

Although marceline, did what she had to do In order to resurrect all those children at once- Chloe's being there Drove her body to react insanely mad.

And without her wings to stabilize her, using so much power at once Had given her some sort of over load.

While Lucifer was off figuring marceline's situation, Chloe was back at the crime scene trying to obscure the mess They left behind. Which put Chloe in An overwhelmed state of mind.

Not only have all these children mysteriously 'revived' themselves; but She's still stuck solving the case of one girl who wasn't healed.

"Amber McKenzie Walsh. She's The daughter of A Secretary at Richards and wheeler; a lawfurm company down in-" "Beverly hills i know." Chloe finishes. "Mothers name?"

"Jacy walsh..." the cop politely hands Chloe the file, and dispersed into the baffled crowd.
There certainly was an eerie vibe lingering about The numerous people patrolling this area.

Ella approaches the The corpse and Takes in the sight; crouching down to get a better view. How such a small frail little thing like her could possibly take in the view of a marred, corpse drenched in fear and blood was unknown to the group. One thing was for sure, they were truly greatful for what Ella had to offer working in forensics at the LAPD

She ponders around the corpse reviewing it closely, extending her hand where it's needed.

"The back of her head was raw. Pieces of hair were Missing from her scalp- she was definitely dragged here by something."

She snaps a few photos, and continues "and you'd expect the cause of death to be the..open stomach and intestine skewered all over, but judging by the dent in the back of her skull, it was A TBI." She explains, and soon stands up straight.

Chloe gave her a dumbfound expression. Ella sighs, "Tramatic, Brain-Injury." Chloe nods, "why would an animal Come all the way out here-"it may not have just been an animal."

"So you think a person commanded an animal to Kill her." Chloe narrowed her eyes.
"No, I don't think it was an animal. It had to be a person- look at the teeth marks in her ribcage." Ellas index finger glistened within the confiinement of her blue gloves.

Chloe Hums in reply and turns on her heels going to find her car. "Where are you going??" Ella grabs chloes arm. "I can't solve this without my partner. I'll be back, I promise." Chloe smiles in reassurance And fades into the croud of restless civilians.

~Marcy

Is this what it's like to gain knowledge? Because I can feel, so much more than just a dream; seeping through my veins. Pulsing behind my ears, quickening my breathes. Who knew the devil could actually take breathes this deep let alone the she-devil.

Am I asleep, or dead?

My soul shook within this fickle body.

My eyes flutter open...I'm in a dark room. That same scalding hot pain from before, kissed my veins gently.

Mommy? A small frail voice calls to me. I whirl around; eyes tracing the floor, searching for the source of such a familiar voice.
Anger, brews behind the surface of my chest.

I open my mouth to speak, but nothing could be heard.
I bring my hands up to my neck, and claw at it.

Mommy? why did you leave me here mommy??
I whip my head around once more.

Suddenly the room is engulfed in endless flames. Luminous chuckles, send chills running up my spine. My skin tingles, aching to melt against the Overwhelming heat.

I trip over my own feet; knees digging into A rock hard surface. I meet the gaze of A crying little girl. Mommy, you left me behind.. you promised you'd come back for me mommy?

My lips quivered, a lump in my throat Formed..but I couldn't swollow it down.

"Oh poor you. Wasting so much power Reviving innocent Civilians because you couldn't save your own daughter?" A raspy dark voice Trails off in the distance.

"There's nothing you can do now. Look what I have." I face a giant creature, with Steaming marred skin. It's eyes were solid black, oozing dark puss.

"Pity such immortal qualities had to go so long unused. It's fortunate that I of all people came across them really." He offers a deranged smile. Flames coil around my body enveloping me in a Sight Fearful embrace.

The girl soon appears right in front of me. Mommy? I loved you! How could you?

A stifled scream ripped from my tonsils as I fell forward, reaching out to her. "M-Marry?? P-Please" I stammer, trying so hard to reach her. Flames coil around her as Well dragging her out of my reach, consuming her frail shrunken form. Mommy!!! No!!
She squeals.

Her corpse withered into dust, trickling against the breathing fire.

"AZEUS!!!!" I roar, but My voice seemingly echoes back in my mind.

Burning rage hissed through my body like deathly poison, screeching a demanded release in the form of unwanted violence. It was like a volcano erupting; fury sweeping off me like ferocious waves. The wrath consumed like, engulfing my moralities and destroying the boundaries of loyalty.

I rushed to my feet; my lips curling into A long Tight grin.
I smile brightly at the hideous creature who suddenly seemed- not fearful, but shocked to say the least.

My skin melted, and I revealed my true form, and hardened my gaze. "Tsk tsk tsk. Oblivious, little Azeus." I giggled, tilting my head.

"I'm coming for you."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: i know! This chapter was pretty short, but I've delayed alot recently due to school exams. Thanks sooo much for reading! Be sure to vote, and comment if you have any feedback, and I'll the next chapter! XOX byeee
-KrazyGhostwriter