XVI

Recap: "Pierce just called. Another body just dropped. Ella said the wounds are similar to the ones found on amber's corpse." Lucifer glances at me, "it seems your a lot better at investigation than you give yourself credit for marceline." I smirk. "Are you shitting me? I'm good at everything."

I flick my hair and turn on my heels, teasingly. I felt lucifer's gaze- once again, burning a hole in my spine. "Guys we need to get serious, someone else might die. ""Yes I completely agree." Lucifer says; his expression dripping with seriousness. "We can't have demonites loitering around LA eating out children's insides can we?" Lucifer smirks yet again. I roll my eyes. "Alright then. It's settled. Now let's get out of here before we're-"

Before she could finish, we had all turned around. Chloe's car had no wheels. Graffiti littered the doors, that read "fuck the police." in dark, bold letters. "Oh come on!" chloe's hands fall at her sides with a slap. I glanced back at finreed, who threw up his hands in defense, whilst shrugging.

* * *

~ Marcy

As we drove in silence, I pondered my newly formed powers in my mind.

I couldn't exactly grasp the concept of finally having my wings back, so instead I tried to pretend that they didn't even exist. I started going over them in my head. Then I turn to finreed, who sat uncomfortably next to me, leaning against the window. He kindly replaced chloe's tires for us before we left, but the graffiti would still draw attention to us. "Maybe we should make a pit stop at the car wash?" I trail off. I often wonder how in the name of ishtar, chloe was supposed to hear what I was saying from behind the dividers.

Chloe takes a long deep breathe, "no. I'm sure we can do that later, but right now; I'd like to focus on the case. Got it?" I hum in response. I looked over the dividers closely, then decided I'd use them to my advantage.

"Hey..finreed?"

He glances up at me."I got my wings back."

His eyes grew wide for a split second, "how are you planning on controlling your powers?"

I sigh, "That's the thing...i-I don't know if I can...I haven't used them since-" I paused, and decided against telling him about the resurrection thing...i knew he was going to scald me.

"Since what?" I shook myself from my thoughts, "since I got them back..."

"I've been having these...crazy dreams. It's just...I'm losing my mind trying to figure out what they mean...but sometimes when i'm carrying on with my life, It feels like...It feels like I've already done everything..Like, I'm reliving the same few moments all over again."

"oohh, I see, It sounds to me like you're sleep scrying."

"Scrying?" I trail off, "isn't that what people used to do back in ancient times when they were eager to get a glimpse of the future?" he nods. "My people have been scrying for years but I never exactly knew how." I explain, "well...usually when scrying, there's a crystal ball involved." I scoffed, "they use those here. At fortune teller booths." He glances down at his fingers.

"I've tried those bloody things they only seem to say is 'a great evil is upon us," Lucifer chimes in from the front. I whip my head towards him, "I thought you couldn't hear us? The dividers?" I question him with a weary glance. He smirks, "well you thought wrong. Surely you've noticed the crevices darling they're about as obvious as your rack." I glared daggers at him.

* * *

After driving in silence for the rest of the long, boring car ride, we've finally made it to the crime scene. Ella was pacing around the corpse of a young boy with caramel brown hair, and dark wide eyes; pools of chocolate brown. "Here you guys are gonna need to put this on." I scan the area for the source of the timid; feminine voice, and find ella, whose carrying a handful of breathing masks.