XV

Recap: Once we finally made it to our destination, at some point we stupidly lingered about the neighborhood. "so , Mrs. Star-Morning how exactly did you and this 'friend' of yours meet? An evident one-night stand gone wrong I presume? Or perhaps you left him wanting more?" Lucifer quirks his eyebrows teasingly, earning another shove from chloe. "Never mind that, how the hell were you guys able to meet up in such a horrible part of town?"

I exhale, "he has a name you know. He's called finreed and no..I met him when I first moved to los angeles...i made a deal with him."

Lucifer gasps, "That's it, I'm most certainly speaking to a copyright manager soon." I roll my eyes. "In this dimension you may have invented the term "a deal with the devil." But you forget that I was once the devil too." I shook my head.

"Anyways, he needed help, finding a job so I sort of got him into a gang, In exchange, he owes me a favour." chloe shot me a ruthful glare, "You got a child involved with the cartell!"

I nod and purse my lips, "he had just turned 18, and he'd actually given me a place to stay. Not really a fulfillment of the favour...it's more like a good deed really." chloe rolls her eyes, "and how do you know he hasn't been killed by now?" I shrug, "he's immortal duh." Lucifer turns to me,

"And you've waited until now to tell me this?" I don't respond, I only move my gaze over to the seemingly abandoned apartment complex.

I sheepishly smile, "well...maybe..he still lives here?"
Chloe narrows her eyes at me. I feel lucifers watchful gaze practically scalding me.

This was going to be a long
Case.

* * *

~Marcy

"Wait here." I say bluntly, and start wearily approaching the front door.

How could he not still be here? Was he kicked out?

As various emotions spread throughout my body, suddenly I felt a scalding heat slam against my chest. The door swings open, revealing a tall, shirtless man. His body was littered and tattoos. His jawline was hidden behind a short dark brown stubble forming into a goatee. A gun sat on his shoulder, an AK47 to be exact, and he held it with pride; clenched tightly in his right fist. But those eyes.....

I couldn't forget that walleyed caramelized gaze even if i tried.

"Finreed!!!" I almost squeal and bolt towards him. "Marcy? Is that really you!?" he raises his voice, his lips twitching, barely begging to curl into a smile. "No. it's the avengers. They need help defending the bloody neighborhood from crazy space aliens. Of course it's me dipshit!" I hiss, with a smirk. "Ay...It's been so long since I've had to deal with that spicy temper of yours." he comments smirking right back.

I turn around; my gaze settling on Chloe and Lucifer who had been preoccupied discussing something. Soon though, they noticed me and started walking over. "Who the hell are they."

I glance back at finreed. "That's Lucifer and Chloe, they work with the LAPDick suckers." I explain, and his eyes grow wide. "Cops! You brought cops to the hood?!" he snarls pulling his gun in front of him. I sigh, and glare. I throw my foot in the air, knocking the gun out of his fists, then second before the gun hits the ground, I snatch it up. I snaked my way behind him, putting him into a choker hold; his neck pressing tightly against the midsection of the gun against his neck. I left minimum space for air to circulate, at least to where I could speak.

Chloe and lucifer were still conversing as they walk, as slow as bloody slow as possible. They hadn't noticed my abrupt combat action, which I was slightly relieved about considering the fact that they'd probably scald me for being to violent. But he was my friend so, I guess I was being a little frivolous.