XIII

~ Chloe

I've never been one to back down from a case, especially the ones most bizarr. This one on the other hand; this particular case has left a bitter taste in my mouth from the start.

Its been a quarter of a week since we've seen marceline, and she's supposed to be apart of This case. Or at least that's what Lucifer has told me. He did send out maze to go hunt her down the other day, but we haven't heard back from her.

Right now I was at my desk, organising files until my lamp light is blocked by pierce's hand- as he's leaning over the edge.

"Decker, looks like we've got A lead on that case; you know the missing Walsh Kid." I moved my gaze from the floor,
I gave pierce a soft nod as he gives me The details. I found my thoughts wondering as he chattered obliviously.

Ever since that girl has shown up, strange things have been happening. I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt- yet it's just So hard at this point.

He hands me a folder, and with that I pull out my found; working my way out of the precinct. I started sending a message to Lucifer, and just like some sort of jedi, he calls before I even hit send.

After we finish talking, and I knew what was going on. I sigh and stand up so I could go and wait for him at the elevator.

[ Time skip ]

~Marcy

To be lost in a pit of ominous darkness is one thing, but to lose my own daughter - the very piece of ne that impacts my futures purpose- is a whole other story.

I'm the Devil...or the She-Devil, so to speak. Yet...I started out cowering behind seemingly infinite walls; meaning I was mainly made up of my own childish fears.

I've learned so much from this world, that it almost feels like it could be my own. I mean hey; Its not that I don't feel comfortable, It's just that i can't allow today to be About me.

It's supposed to be About bringing justice to the little girl whose life i had to release. Or in other words- "the little girl whose life i had to leave out" -And although I'm expected to be
"of real service today", I can't help but drown in the sea of endless thoughts swimming around my head.

It feels as though millions of bite sized demons were gnawing on my brain cells; viciously tearing through any memory dating back to my past.

Moving on, and aiming for a better future would be alot easier said than done. But if I truly want my taste of vengence on azeus, I'd have to start by manipulating the fact that I'm Supposed to be bringing justice for that little girl today. Which basically means I've gotta get my head in the game, and solve this bloody case.

Now that I have my wings, you'd expect me to be done, and My story to be over. Credits, rolling. But no...the truth is, my story has only barely started. I admit I do feel like there's nothing left, but I know deep down that there's more to this Entire Situation then the information we've already got let's on.

I've got more than enough questions lingering about my mind. But none of them really have to do with this case.
Am I worthless now? Am I still lost?
Do I still want my revenge?
There's only one real answer I can come up with at this point, and that's yes. Revenge is absolutely necessary. In my defense, this man stole my daughter's soul somehow...