Chapter 15

Alyson's heart pounded a million beats per second to the sound of I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, as she flung herself up into the trees. Dylan snapped at her heels and bit into her pants leg yanking her from the tree. Alyson yelped in pain as her shoulder made contact with the ground roughly. Dylan stands above her his body blocking her escape route.

She watched him carefully reading him as he reached down to rip her throat out, then she quickly threw all her body weight and all her strength to push the wolf off her. Luckily this was Dylan and he was much smaller than the others, and not Nate or Dustin who wolves were big and heavy. Alyson used the time to recover, she wouldn't have enough time to climb a tree again, so she took off as fast as her feet would carry her. The full moon giving plenty of light for her to see what she was doing.

She lept over a root that seemed to spring out of the ground just to trip her. She saw Kai running next to her suddenly. Her stomach dropped, she thought he ran off to safety somewhere, but here he was.

"Kai go find help! Preferably Hayden if you can find him! Stay safe, I'll hold him off until you can get a hold of them, I promise!" Alyson says turning away from Kai. Kai gave a bark at her but she ignored it, he'd find a way he had to. She almost froze as she heard Kai give a howl, it was strong and loud. Her chest swelled with pride, but it didn't last long as she saw Dylan change directions towards Kai.

That was so not happening, She climbed a tree with such speed it looked like it was in fast forward. Then without thinking she jumped onto Dylan's back.

"Kai! Run! Go find Hayden! Hurry!" Alyson said though she was sure Hayden would hear the howl. She wanted Kai away and somewhere safe for now.

"Follow Dylan's trail find where he came from and eventually that will lead you to Hayden! Go! Now! Don't worry about me, bud! I'll make it just fine!" Alyson said as she fought to stay on top of the Were. He was indeed too strong for her keep holding him like this but she only needed to keep it up until Kai got away safely.

Kai finally ran off and once he was far enough gone Alyson lept off Dylan. She made a beeline for the old wolf den. She didn't have time to think if Dylan knew where she was or how to get to her all she knew was that if he found her, she was going to die.

~~~~~~~

Hayden's ear's perked at the sound of a howl.

"Kai?" Mason asked Hayden.

"It has to be, there are no other wolves in the forest," Hayden said picking up speed as they ran through the trail that Dylan's sent left behind.

"Hayden! Did you hear Kai?" Collins asks as he, Luca, and Nate joined him.

"Yes, but I'm afraid that even if we find Kai, Alyson wouldn't let Kai get hunted. I'm almost sure she split them up," Hayden said his tone turning into a commanding voice.

"She most likely sent Kai to go find us and had him follow Dylan's trail back to us," Collin confirmed.

"I hope we'll find her in time," Nate says holding a genuine concern for the blonde.

"Me too," Hayden agreed as he felt fear prickling up his back, not his own but Alyson's. He could practically feel her heartbeat. He swallowed down his fear and pushed himself to move faster.

He nearly ran over poor Kai as he ran following Dylan's scent. Kai yelped and jumped up on Hayden, excited to see him. Hayden nudged the young wolf to show affection, before barking to let him know they needed to hurry. Kai responded well and led them through to find Alyson. Soon her scent was overpowering to the point where Hayden though she had to have been bleeding.