Chapter 30

She raced up to her room and practically fell into Hayden's arms.

"Good tears or bad tears?" he asked rubbing circles in her back.

"Bittersweet," Alyson said as she recounts it back to him.

"You were right that was quite easy, you need a hand packing up?" he asks looking around.

"Don't you have your own stuff to pack up?" Alyson asks pulling away from him.

"Dad told me to help you pack, we're halfway done with ours, plus there are a lot more people to help there, the lucky bastard Kaden already had all this stuff packed since he just moved in with us," Hayden said enviously.

"You can start by going in my closet and grabbing the boxes in the back, and don't you dare touch the top drawer of my dresser!" Alyson warned.

"But as your boyfriend don't I have special access to these things?" he asks. Alyson felt a blush spread across her face but let out a laugh. She gently laid the box of her birth father's letters on her bed, she'd read them on the ride to Canada.

"Speaking of you being my boyfriend, Andrew said to tell him Hi, so hi," Alyson said, "I swear sometimes he's the psychic one."

"Nah, he just doesn't remember my name," Hayden said making Alyson laugh heartily.

The two laughed and joked all day as they packed Alyson's stuff up. They were finished by the time the sun went down.

"You gonna walk home or stay here?" Alyson asked yawning.

"I dunno it wouldn't be the first time we spend in bed together, would it?" he said making it sound like they did more than sleep.

"Well, I was also vomiting up blood every other hour," Alyson argued, "Plus who said you could sleep in my bed? I was thinking the couch or maybe the floor."

Hayden gasped in outrage as Alyson suggested he sleep on the floor.

"How dare you suggest such a cruel thing?" he asks.

"Or you can walk home in the dark?" Alyson said shrugging slightly. Hayden then proceeded to plop down on her bed and curl up in her blankets.

"Hey, you brute!" Alyson said laughing.

"You care to join me?" he asks.

"I dunno the floor is looking pretty good right now," Alyson said eyeing the floor.

"No, never! No girl of mine will sleep on the floor, now turn off the light and let's go to sleep," he said opening his arms to her. She laughed and switched off the lights and crawled into bed with him. He pulled her to him and placed her head on his chest.

"Now sleep," he said playing with her hair. And she did just that, she was out in minutes.

She woke up the next morning on top of something warm...and breathing? Then it came back to her Hayden spent the night, she relaxed again and snuggled deeper into his embrace.

"You do realize it's almost noon right?" Hayden said his chest shaking with laughter.

"Really? Already?" she asks.

"Unfortunately," he said and Alyson groaned as she sat up. She quickly gets ready after offering Hayden a chance to shower, he passed. She packed up the rest of her toiletries, she hovered a gleam of metal under the sink. She knew exactly what it was, she quickly left the room and it behind.

"Alright, all we need to do is pack up the blankets. Leave the pillow out though. I might need it if I get stuck in the car with Dustin," Alyson said making Hayden laugh. Soon the two of them took her few boxes out to her car and put them in her trunk leaving plenty of room.

"You know I think we could fit Mason or Luca in there," Hayden said.

"Probably, but I think your dad would want them alive," Alyson said laughing lightly. She placed the letters from Mathew in her box where she normally kept napkins. Her new phone firmly in her back pocket.

"Alyson!" at hearing her name she spun around to see all of her siblings standing there, smiles from ear to ear.

"I'll wait in the car," Hayden said kissing her cheek.

"Hey wait! Don't leave me alone with them," she said, but it was too late he was gone. Her siblings gawked at Hayden's retreating form.

She made quick work of saying goodbye to her family then fled back to her car where Hayden was laughing hysterically.

"Screw you," Alyson said playfully as she drove her car to Hayden's house.

She was met with the rest of the crew. She helped them carry boxes into their truck, their van, and her car.

"Can I ride with you two?" Dylan asks. Alyson looks at Hayden who shrugs.

"Sure," Alyson said.

"Me too!" Collin said.

"Yep, that's all I can fit comfortably in my car unless you want to be squished three people, plus a pup in the back.

"Okay then I'll be in the truck, Kaden you're with me and the rest of you are in the van," Daniel ordered.

They all piled into their respective vehicles," I'll take the first shift," Hayden volunteer.

"Great then I call shotgun!" Alyson said slipping into the side seat. Kai hopped up in the back seat and instantly went to sleep on the middle seat. The group buckled up and started their long journey ahead of them.

The end...for now

___

Stick around for the squeal... The working name is The Forgotten Child-I'll probably change it later. I honestly hope you enjoyed this book even though it has bad grammar and weird humour.

Please leave any comments, questions, or concerns. Oh and since you're there go ahead and give it a vote. ;)

For the last time thanks for reading!

-LaurenHaruno908