Chapter 17

Hayden ran with so much speed he wasn't sure his feet were hitting the ground. He'd never run like this before not in his wolf form nor human form, this was pure fear running. Fear ran through him like the time his mother died, but this was worse. He'd loved his mom but this was his mate. The person he was supposed to spend the rest of his life with. The person who made him faster and stronger just by him thinking of them. The person who was his other half, if she died so would he.

Once he finally made it to the rows of blueberries, he was hit with the scent of blood. It was overwhelming and made his stomach turn. He was too late.

He saw her laying in a puddle of her own blood. The pool was small she must've just fallen. Hayden's hands shook as he pushed her golden hair that was now matted with blood out of the way and felt for a pulse.

At first, he didn't feel it but after a few seconds the let out a relieved breath. A heartbeat but it was faint and barely there.

Dylan was next to him and was looking up at the tree. As if he didn't want to see Alyson like this.

"Dylan!" Hayden said sharply. He turned to him Dylan's eye wide and face ashen.

"Go inside and see if her father's home. He's a surgeon, he'll know what to do," Hayden commands.

"But what are we gonna tell them about-" Dylan says.

"Tell them she fell from the tree, go! Now!" Hayden commanded. Dylan shoots up and runs inside the house.

"Is anyone home? Hello?" Dylan yelled loudly. A woman and a man in their mid-forties came from the stairs.

"Are you Alyson's father?" Dylan asks his voice filled with panic. The man seems to have to stop and think.

"She's the fifth born! The middle of the middle child!" Dylan rushes annoyed he had to remind him of his own daughter.

"Oh, yes, I am why do you ask?" He asks his voice calm.

"Come with me! There's been an accident!" Dylan says running out of the room.

"What?" Alyson's dad asks running behind Dylan.

"Alyson fell out of the tree and hit her head!" Dylan quickly explains. Alyson's dad gasps when he sees his daughter in a pool of her own blood.

Hayden looks relieved when he sees them.

"Claire clear off the table and grab my bag for the hospital!" Mr Archerson orders.

"You," He says pointing to Hayden, "Grab her feet. You grab her head and make sure it doesn't move." Somehow the three of them pulled her to the cleared off table andMr Archerson ordered his wife around. They looked like a real team.

"We don't have enough tools here, you call an ambulance," He said pointing to Hayden, who was standing next to the landline. Hayden quickly did so.

Hayden and Dylan paced anxiously in the living room. Hayden told the others to meet them at the hospital.

Dylan was hysterical and could only pace around the room muttering to himself. Hayden was sick, but he knew she's alive at least for now anyway.

Soon her siblings started to come from their rooms hearing the noise. They all looked pale at seeing their sister like that.

"Alyson?" Hayden thinks that's Andrew but isn't sure he'd only met them once. He just knew Andrew was the oldest. The one that spoke comes straight for him.

"Did you do this?" He asks getting in Hayden's face. Hayden sighs.

"Yes, I totally did this. I pushed her out of a tree and angled it just right so she'd hit her head," Hayden said in a dry sarcastic voice.