Chapter 3 ___ Bound to him

Author's Note: thanks so much for voting. I am sorry this chapter is a day late, I will try to keep to schedule from now on. In the mean time, here is another chapter, hope you enjoy it. if you do, please vote or leave a message. Thank you : )

Chapter 3 –Bound to him.

"No way," I said rising to my feet. Kongpob finished telling me his own side of the story and then finished with: don't do anything. "How do you expect me to do that?"

"P'Arthit please, you said you wouldn't."

"I was obviously lying." I waved my hand and began to pace. Never in my wildest dreams did I think Anya's father was the cause of Kongpob's behavior. I thought it was Anya herself, I thought that she lied about something and it was keeping Kongpob in chains but her father threatened my life? Those two were the most insane human beings I have ever met. Anya already tried to kill me once, what would her father do?

"We have to report this Kongpob," I said, "he threatened my life, there must be something the police can do."

"Wait, P'Arthit, you can't go to the police with this."

I stopped pacing and frowned at him. He continued," we can't act rashly, we have to think carefully about this and come up with a plan. Even if we go to the police, we have no proof and he would deny it and then we would anger him and I don't know what a man like him would do when he is angry."

I closed my eyes and turned away from him. He sounded so rational that it was blowing my mind. I can't accept that what I suffered three days ago was as a result of that man. I can't swallow the irrationality that has seemed to strike both Anya and her father. The reason why they have chosen to stand in between me and Kongpob to this extent is too bitter and frustrating for me to simply understand and rationalize. I wanted to do something about them and I wanted to do it now. But Kongpob was right; even I knew there was little the police could do.

"Okay fine, then what?" I knew my voice was harsh, I couldn't help it. A part of me was annoyed that Kongpob had not told me sooner, a part of me felt that he shouldn't have given in so much, but that was the irrational part that had suffered for those three days not knowing what had happened to the man I loved and our relationship.

He looked at me with assessing eyes, "P'Arthit, can't you leave me to handle this?"

"You are still going on about that? "

"I can't risk you getting hurt by being involved."

"Are you stupid? I am already involved. Just tell me what you are going to do." My impatience mounted as I neared him.

He suddenly smiled and nodded," first of all I need proof. I need something to hold him accountable for. "

I thought about it," proof like what?"

"A man like him who threatens people easily must have a long list of victims, if I can just find one."

"You mean people he has hurt?" I swallowed because while I am aware that he threatened me, it was a whole other thing to think he was capable of actually doing it. "People like that, do you think they would ever speak up against him?"

"There would have to be a way that they can speak without doing so themselves."

I sighed,"Kongpob, instead of doing that why don't we confront him. He will threaten us again and then we can..."

"No, P'Arthit, there is no we."

I stood very still and watched him. He held my eyes in return a stubbornness to his brow." What do you mean, Kongpob?"