Chapter 16

Author's Note: hey guys! Thanks for voting. So the story is coming to an end really soon. Actually I am half tempted to quit writing right here and start another, hopefully happier, story of Arthit and Kongpob, but I don't want to keep the habit of not finishing what I started so I will see this to the end.

This chapter contains a third person point of view. Please read and enjoy and don't forget to vote if you love this chapter. Thank you : )

Chapter 16

I returned home after seeing off P'Arthit and took a shower so I could start getting ready for work. As the water ran over my body I kept seeing the look on P'Arthit's face that morning. His face had being almost cold but his eyes, they shook with noticeable pain, discomfort.

He loves me, he doesn't want to break up with me anymore than I wanted to break up with him, but why is he doing this? Why is putting us through this pain especially with all that is going on.

P'Dean's accident must be tied to it. But it's been a week since the accident. He didn't do this the first day or the second day, then why now?

I scrubbed off water from my hair. Anya will know something about it. She is the only one I suspected, just as I had suspected her of encouraging her father to make that deal with me.

Once I got out of the bathroom intending to go look for her, I see her seating on my bed. She smiled when her eyes met mine. "Kongpob, everything is going smoothly with the wedding plans. It's only three weeks from now." She then rubbed her stomach, "by then my baby bump would be showing but I ordered a new wedding gown so it would be just fine."

"What did you say to P'Arthit?" I asked.

She didn't say anything at first, merely blinking at me, probably thinking of some lie to weave. "I didn't say anything."

"Anya," I warned.

"When I went to the hospital to see that girl," she paused, "P'Arthit caught me."

"What did you go there to do?" I asked, my brows squeezing.

"What else, to check if she was getting better."

And kill her if she was. She didn't have to say it; I could almost read her mind. My fingers clenched.

"I had to come up with an excuse, for why I was there. I told him that I was sympathetic over the girl who got hurt because of you and P'Arthit."

"Because of us? Are you serious? You tried to kill P'Dean."

"Because of you. Because of your inability to face reality and P'Arthit's stubbornness. "

So she made P'Arthit feel guilty. I looked away with a sigh. No wonder he is doing this. I have to go and explain everything to him. He needs to know what really happened to P'Dean and to do that I would have to tell him about my secret.

After hearing all P'Arthit said when he broke up with me, I think that I should come clean with him. I have to. We can't be at odds like this anymore. If P'Arthit decides to leave me, I won't let him. I will stay by his side till he can forgive me, look at me again. But like this with this secret between us, I feel worse.

"What are you thinking about, Kongpob?"

"Anya, the wedding is not going to happen." I turned to the wardrobe and got out all that I needed for work. I stayed the whole night at P'Arthit's place, unable to move and unable to stay because of what that Pete said to me. But if I had stayed there, I would have tormented P'Arthit, so I pretended to leave so he could feel at ease and in the end I slept in my work clothes.