Chapter 8

Author's Note: Hey guys! Here is another chapter. Towards the end of the chapter you will notice a change in Pov, this is to get another perspective of other characters in the story. If it works let me know in the comments. Read and enjoy : )

Chapter 8

My parents were not aware that Mr Rojhat was visiting. My mother left for a visit to a friend, my father was still at work and I was called over by Anya to see him.

He was as imposing as ever and this time there was another man with him. I wasn't banking on that so I shifted my phone out of sight.

I tapped record even before I got out of the car. I had made sure I had enough space for a long recording the day before. When I entered my own family living room it was almost like entering a lion's nest. It wasn't my living room any more but a place reeking with danger.

While I stood, Mr Rojhat was seating. His friend—whoever he was— stood behind the couch. He had bald head and a mustache. His eyes were tiny and made him look like he was peering. But I was uncomfortable about him.

"Kongpob, welcome. Seat down, feel relaxed."

I don't know if that was a sort of joke to him but I did not feel inclined to listen. I also wanted to provoke him to say anything that I could use against him.

"I am fine standing. It is impossible for me to relax in front of the person holding the man I love ransom."

"Ransom," he turned his face to Anya then back to me, "I am doing no such thing. "

Anya was standing a distance away as though she couldn't come any closer. Her eyes were looking anxiously at us. I hated that look. So she was afraid but went ahead to tell her father about P'Arthit and I.

"Then," I said, "What do you call threatening to harm the man I love if I don't stay away from him and remain engaged to your daughter? What do you call putting someone to spy on me and hack my laptop just so I would feel helpless and be unable to contact him or say anything to anyone."

He didn't answer me and his eyes set together and lowered as if he was thinking deeply about what I was saying. I didn't think he would have a change of heart simply because I am saying these things; I don't actually care if he did. All I want is for him to admit what I just said.

"I see, so that's how you interpreted my actions."

I tilted my head," is there any other way for me to interpret it."

"No, that's fine. I am just surprised that despite knowing that you still disobeyed me and met with that man."

I didn't say anything, my hands clenched at my side. I know this was why he came but I didn't want him to think about P'Arthit, I wanted him to focus his annoyance at me and therefore his actions would be thrown at me.

"You are really bold, Kongpob. Could it be that you did not take my threats seriously. So you think I am joking?" he leaned forward.

"No, I don't."

"No you do, you think I am joking and that's why you have been misbehaving and acting out. Secret meetings aren't allowed. I am convinced now that you are playing around with me, that you didn't actually end everything with that man."

"I did," I said quickly, my eyes darting to Anya. She must have said more to him than just the meeting.

"Really,"

"Yes. Like I promised I haven't met with P'Arthit, I am staying away from him and he hasn't come to meet me either."

"Except that he has called you," this was her, the maid in my house who really wasn't a maid but Mr Rojhat's spy. "And you locked yourself away in a bathroom with him."