Chapter 6

Author's Note: thanks to all of you for your support in this story. Here is another chapter. Don't forget to vote and or comment ; )

Enjoy the read.

Chapter 6

Kongpob did not call nor come to visit me for two weeks. I have no idea what is happening or has happened to him. I can't visit him either at his work place or his home. I drove past his house twice and learned from a neighbor that he doesn't live there anymore. He didn't tell me that he would move too.

I couldn't call him to ask what was going on and demand answers. When I did, due to the temptation proving too strong, he told me not to call again in the most severe tone.

I couldn't text him, I am afraid someone might read his text and even if I use another number to send the text it still might look suspicious.

But I needed to see him.

It was plain and simple. I realized after, in fact, that I could visit Kong's father's company as we had a good working relationship. I only hesitated to use this because I didn't know what to say to Mr Suthiluck if he asked me why we broke up or what was going on. I was pretty sure that I would cave and tell him everything. But this could not go on any longer.

So, using the disguise of work, I came over to see him. My hopes of seeing Kongpob was completely shattered because the first thing he told me when he saw me was...

"Kongpob isn't at work today."

My expression must have looked devastated. Inside I felt like my heart had plummeted down from my chest into fire. This was all I had been looking forward to all day and all week and the thought that I wasted this trip and I wouldn't get to see Kongpob for even longer seemed to tear me apart bit by bit.

Kongpob's father laughed, "Are you that disappointed?"

"Huh?" I couldn't even bring myself to try and hide that I was. My mood was hitting bottom and shaking about so that I felt empty.

"Kongpob is a little sick so he couldn't come to work today," his father continued.

I raised my head," how sick?" Kongpob didn't fall sick. He was always the one taking care of me when I get the flu or a fever or anything and never gets infected. "What kind of sickness?"

"I think it is the sickness of the heart, but he says otherwise." I had to lower my eyes from his. I could sense the question coming and braced myself.

"Ever since the two of you broke up Kongpob has not been himself. He seems troubled and unable to relax, anxious all the time like he is afraid of something. I knew he would soon make himself sick. Arthit, son, will you answer a question for me?"

I shook my head immediately, glad the option has been placed before me.

"I am not going to ask you to tell me what is happening. I know you won't tell me. Just tell me this, have you given up on my son?'"

"What? No, Never!"

"Then let's go home together, I am sure Kongpob would be happy to know that you are worried."

"I—I can't." the words were harder to say than ever. "I still have some work to do so I can't do that, sir."

"But you said you have not given up on him."

"I haven't," I said holding my hand out as if I could put my sincerity in front of him.

"Then come home and see Kongpob. You haven't been there in a while."