The Day After

Landor stood in front of the angered Theo. The court master was enraged, passing back and forth in front of Landor. Theo's hands gripped his chin. Mitz wasn't too happy to be standing next to her master, nor was she too impressed by Theo's intimidating presence. Theo paused, staring at Mitz before looking Landor directly in the eye.

"What the hell happened out there?" Theo nearly screamed.

Landor tried to speak, but Theo continued, "YOUR ARAGOENCE, it hurt our agenda. Ralh, a mass murdering son of a bitch killed one of our top mages, and you... you shouldn't have to say anything. Ralh should be here paying punishment, but that's not what happened is it? Instead, Yavier swaddles himself unable to speak, sitting next to a dead corpse!"

Landor watched Theo point his finger, "Master Theo, I assure you; all was under control until Yavier's pupil came in and interrupted my fight with Ralh."

"We will have to see about that. I know your greed Landor. I'm a seer, I can see through your follies and lies." Theo replied, even yet more enraged, "If this happens one last time, if I so much as hear a whisper of some similar occurrence, I will take further actions." Theo replied, "As for now, I'm reassigning your pupil."

"What?" Landor yelled, "This is preposterous, there is none other I deem willing to train her in my leave."

"Too bad." Theo commented, "It's a damn shame Landor. Also, it will not be you deciding her fate; young Mitz will decide her new master...until you have learned your lesson and made things right."

Landor fist waved in the air as his face scrunched up. Spit flew from his mouth as he spoke, "The devil have your head for this!"

Theo waved his hand, as Landor flew through the door he had just moments earlier walked through. The people of the spire looked up, watching the fine stone exterior of the spire break. A small hole was made as Landor's body hit the ground. Theo landed there beside him crushing Landor's face magic and watched the smaller man squirm in his blood.

"You take that tone with me once more Landor, and I will not stop when you simply stop bleeding. The change of your student is permanent, effective immediately."

People across the spire had seen the event unfold, the hole in the spire was nearly impossible to miss, but it was the sound of Landor's body crashing through the wall that made everyone notice. Theo's perfect hair had fell past his brow, becoming somewhat messy, and unkempt from his recent activity. Mages formed a crowd around the two, as they all knew Theo had been insulted. This man had gotten off easy, for Theo didn't often show mercy to those who openly opposed him. Mitz rushed to the hole created by Master Theo, staring down at her blooded master.

Despite everything Landor had put her through, Mitz couldn't help but feel sorry for the man; yet even this feeling was mixed, for she knew that Landor more than deserved it. She felt like there had been a small victory won, yet guilt filled her soul. She knew there were few mages as strong as Landor.

Mitz stumbled back as Theo teleported himself in front of the lass. "You have twenty-four hours to select your new master; after that time has passed, if no one has accepted you, you will be forced to leave the spire. Am I clear?"

Mitz nodded, "Yes Master Theo."

"Good. I suggest you do not waste any more time."

Mitz watched Theo move on, walking towards his office. He snapped his fingers as his door began to repair itself. The most accomplished mage alive had just lost his temper to and ill willed man. It was a wonder Landor wasn't in prison, or worse, had his magic sealed. Mitz looked back at Landor as he brushed his body off walking past the crowd that had gathered around him. The elf had quite the task ahead of her.