Death's Gambit

Myumii place her hands in her head as tears rain down from her eyes. A tattoo had grown around her right eye, the eye changing color to a sickening pale purple that glowed all the time. She could feel the magic radiating from off her body, and from her eye. This was not like anything she had experienced before... not sense she had lost her family.

She remembered being young, the exact age not vivid in her mind, only remembering Ralh dashing through the burning building to find her weeping tears of fire. All Myumii remembered was that at one point she was upset, because they had to move, and then darkness. Black light spread across the room before slowly devouring the entire building in flames. Slowly the black magic swallowed her parents' souls, as they tried to calm their daughter, but the touch against Myumii's skin was deadly.

"You did it on purpose, didn't you?" Landor begged the question.

Myumii stared up at him, but he wasn't the only one she saw. "It was an accident... I, I swear..."

Landor grinned, his smile thickening with every moment of Myumii's pain, "Say what you will girl, but it was Myumii who killed your parents... not Lilly. Yet, it seems to me you have to live with both."

Myumii growled, "Why... why are you doing this."

Landor chuckled, waving his hands to the other apparitions of people, "This is everyone that has died by your hand. If not me, you know it would just be another."

A mage hunter stepped up shacking his head with udder shock, "When you killed me, you killed my family. I was the one who provided for them... now my two young boys will starve."

Landor shook his head, "As illegal as it may be, the man did have children, and you let him die... oh wait, no you killed him yourself!"

"ENOUGH!" Myumii shouted, waving her hair in the air, before slumping back over against the tree she rested against.

Tears flowed down from her eyes as she ignored Landor's ever taunting voice. But it wasn't just him she could hear; she could hear all of them. Somehow, she had absorbed their souls. The tantalizing effect they each had on her, was unparalleled to any other experience she had ever had. As for her parents, they were either lost in the crowd of people killed by her hand, or not there at all.

She raised her head from her arms she had been resting it on, looking up into the blue sky. It was depressing to see such a wonder with such pain in her heart. Noviichiah was a beautiful world, but it simple was a hiding place for now.

The council had banished her, and within that time frame, she had managed to flea three worlds, the population each decimated. At first, she had tried for help, but slowly that turned to a massacre, as she became more and more unstable. It was getting worse. Now people who were too close to her died before her eyes. It was only a matter of time once she asked villagers for help, before the town turned on her, then the kingdom, then the entire realm. Slowly, the lives of each world were drained, and now her magic was becoming so strong as to start to tear even the world of Noviichiah apart. She had no options, she couldn't even take her own life, she tried.

Anger began to boil within her, she didn't want this kind of life, she didn't want it to be this way. Why had she been cursed so?

While she was yet deep in thought she heard the soft breeze flow by; she could sense the life force of nearby mages.

"Myumii." A soft whisper came hushed out. The council was made up of seven men, yet here only six of them stood. Mage hunters ran out from behind them forming an offensive line.